Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 September 2020

T Stands For...taking our cups with us..again.

The other week we went to Quarrybank Mill at Styal - it was warm but a little cloudy 













Just after I had taken this, a family group walked towards me and I asked politely for the young man walking closest to move across please, he stared back and me and I repeated my request a little more insistently as I was getting close to these plants and the little kerb. The woman with them, presumably his mother yelled at me  "WE ARE, WE ARE! and then laughed at what was presumably my alarmed face. 
It shook me up a  bit, especially as hubby had gone a bit ahead! 
We are often out on our walks and have to step aside or walk in single file ourselves as others remain in groups and walk past us so I wasn't surprised at their behaviour, I just wonder why some folk don't 'get it'. Is it really that hard to see others and get into single file to allow a distance?

OK, grump over, we went back more recently and although there weren't many changes we did spot one or two things! 

 The sweet pea season is almost over...
 ...but the courgettes are growing well!


The cafe is now open for outdoor snacks and coffee  (not for us just yet!)




 We walked up the road to the carpark - I'm lagging behind a bit!!!


 These clouds did eventually lead to a rainy afternoon and we were so grateful for some sun while we had our coffee before going to pick up our food order from the supermarket .

I am of course joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at the Altered Book Lover blog for T Stands For Tuesday.

 I sat in the back with my coffee and biscuit, facing into the sun - with this view.

I shall be back shortly as a Guest Designer - I hope you will take a look at something I am very pleased with.

I may even pop back later still with my Calendar Journal, but as we had a very early start this morning so that hubby could take our car for a service, I may well be dozing in front of the TV by then...

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful photos ~ Lot's of blooms and pretty landscapes. I'm sorry you had an encounter of the rude kind, I seem to hear more and more of that these days. I was telling my sister, we can't expect people to have etiquette under these circumstances when they probably didn't have any before. Hang in there and keep doing the right thing.

Eileen Bergen said...

Styal is always lovely to see. I had two experiences with people who just don't "get it" in the supermarket. They really shook me up; especially the woman who absolutely refused to move back from me. She refused!

I thought the courgettes looked like zucchini, so I checked and sure enough, they're the same. I love 'em, hubby hates 'em.

Lovely mug. I look forward to seeing your Guest Designer project!

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris I really enjoy all the lovely photos from your walks. beautiful coffee mug and saves money too bringing your own coffee and snacks.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

So lovely to walk with you again! The gardens are still looking beautiful and I'm loving your pear mug - perfect 😀. Tea and biscuits sounds just right to me! Wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a wonderful place you walked, there's nothings so nice as being outside and walking through gardens and woods, it does the soul good. And you had your coffee from a pretty mug! Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

People can be so careless :( and rude, too. What a shame. Your photos are lovely. It's good to see so many flowers still :) What a lovely mug, so perfect for Autumn. Happy T Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

Some people are just rude, aren't they? I hope they didn't ruin your day. They would have bothered me, but best to move on look at all the wonderful flowers. What gorgeous gardens. I think the colors stand out more when the skies are a little grey. And nice mug on your dashboard too. We had a car picnic the other day too. But it is different not seeing the hubby's face this week for T. Happy September and hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

You always visit the most beautiful gardens. The flowers are still so pretty this late in the season and the little cafe looks like the perfect place to enjoy the scenery.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Lisca said...

I love Quarry Bank. The gardens are so lovely. Even this late in the season, there is so much to see.
Courgettes, yes, it's the season. We are being given courgettes left right and centre. I shall have to look at some alternative recipes to the ones I have, just to make something different.
Oh people can be so rude. Just because they can't be bothered to distance...
Happy belated T-Day (Yes, I'm late again as per usual. Tuesday is just a very busy day and I spend the whole of Wednesday catching up)
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a beautiful walk. My favorite was the photo of the hydrangeas with the heads all bowed and fading. Like Summer is fading. Deeps sigh. Forlorn look. When you said you were taking your cups with you, I thought you meant a utilitarian thermos/flask and not a real, pretty mug. Happy T Day.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

You have some great places to go for walks. It's unfortunate that some of the people there are inconsiderate jerks. That's why I haven't been going out for walks so far (well, I've gone on two or three, but that is it so far this year): I don't want to run into people who are self centered, me, myself, and I come first, idiots. They are no doubt the same idiots one encounters when driving on the roads and highways. Sorry for the rant, but simple, common courtesy is rare in people these days. I love your mug. Happy Belated T-Day!