Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 15 September 2020

T Stands For.......the longer route!

Hi everyone, I will start with my T Pic today, I'm sure you will guess this week where we went yesterday.


I had to almost lay down to get a shot of our drinks - cappuccino for me and Mocha for hubby and our shared ice-cream!

 
Yes it was Fletcher Moss Park and Botanical garden - I took around 250 photos but you will be pleased to know there are only a few(maybe more) here!

We parked in a different road on the other side of the Park this time. We had walked in this area (in reverse) with our grandchildren and son the other week - on that occasion I was so pleased to see them I forgot to take photos.

Just before we reached the gate saw this.


The mural with the lady drawing water from the well has been weather worn over the years. Here is a link to the history of the Spring and if you click the image you will see much clearer one than I have.
This path led to this wider one
I love Poplar Trees, another childhood memory. 


I even went into the field to take another photo
All along this path were little areas of crazy paving showing - may have been a whole path or maybe just patching up to cover puddles
Somewhere else to explore!But not this time!
We soon came to the River Mersey


We live about 2 miles in this direction - if we wanted to walk!

Different trees in this direction



Some very old trees

A walkway over marshy bits


As you can see - this is where I said we would discover another time, which we did with our Grandchildren the other week, so we knew where we would end up!!

Lots of bird feeders


Just around the corner is the cafe area
We walked back through the gardens


Palm trees for Elizabeth!






Almost back to our car...
We noticed that opposite the church the Vicarage Gardens are finally opened to the public! Guess where I want to go now!!??

I do hope that you are still with me!
Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your walking paths look just beautiful. What an interesting place! The historic well is also intriguing. Can you still get water from it?

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh, yet again, how beautiful Chris!!! Love the historic well, and the walk on the path between the poplars...well, it reminded me of walking paths in the country where my French family live.I can remember those walks so well.
Love the photo of hubby with the ice cream! I can just about hear him laughing at the position you took to get the photo for T Day:):):)

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, You have such beautiful places for hiking. enjoyed all the photos. thanks for sharing with us-Happy T Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoyed your walk. Looks like Autumn is starting as lots of the trees are turning color. Poplars, and a memory. My father had a row of poplars that divided our yard from Himself’s yard. We used to play hide and seek between the trees. So what flavor ice cream did you share? Happy T Day

Helen said...

wow, what a beautiful walk, love the photos you've shared, thank you!

Lisca said...

What a beautiful park! I love all the trees. I was born in a country without trees (Netherlands. Well, of course there are trees, but they are all planted purposely)
I love the old gnarly ones and the poplars along the lane are spectacular.
Love the bird feeders too. And the potted flowers on the brick wall. All beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

Glad you got out and thank you for sharing all the great photos.

Divers and Sundry said...

How could I not still be with you when you're offering such enchanted scenes :) The woodland walks especially look so peaceful to me. What a joy it must be to live so close :) Happy T Day!

Rita said...

Love going on your travels with you guys! :)

Eileen Bergen said...

The information about the spring and holy well of Didsbury that you linked to is very interesting.

I don't have childhood memories of poplar lanes, but have always loved the look of them in photos or art. They look so majestic and welcoming.

Yes, I made it all the way to the end and I loved every moment.

Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

How did I miss this? Glad I found it as I always enjoy taking a walk with you. I love the line of cypress trees. And you have a hint of autumn too in your foliage. It's another pretty walk Chris and even though T day was days ago, I hope it was a good one. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize for taking so long to visit. It was definitely beyond my control. I’m trying to catch up, but it’s harder than I actually imagined it would be, especially with my very slow internet.

You visit the most beautiful places. The poplars struck me as amazing and sadly, the palm looked dead or dying.

There was lots of color on those steps along the boardwalk path. The Mersey is what gets me, though. For some reason, I thought it was much bigger, not a little stream. I remember the song. You could WADE across this, not ferry.

Loved what you said about your coffees. We don't want you to have to stand on your head or lay down on the job to get a good shot of the take-out cups (grin). That was a tiny cup of ice cream and I can't see sharing it, but T is always generous in his sharing.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden walk and your two coffees with us for T this week, dear friend. Again, I'm SO sorry to be this late visiting.