Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Needle work for The Artistic Stamper

I really pleased to find I had won a Guest Design spot at The Artistic Stamper, even more so to find that the topic is Needlework.
Jennie at The Artistic Stamper has been keeping her fingers busy too.
I often sit and sew while watching TV and I also needed something to keep on our enclosed balcony for the times when I need a change from reading.
 I chose some neutral coloured fabric on which to stamp my flowers.
I used Archival inks in bright colours on each flower.
For the flowers that I was going to stitch I coloured the fabric completely with random colours....and then forgot to take a photo!
It was easy to sew the flowers as the details on the flower were straight lines on the petals.I used a steel coloured thread.The centres were made with a combination of French knots and a looser version of French knots and here I used a gold thread.


I chose an A5 sketchbook to cover and as you can see one of our favourite coffee brand tins to converts to a pencil holder
At this point I was keen to get the fabric stuck on so no photos.
 I was so keen to get a photograph that I moved a plant from it's table and took a photo there and then.....
...so pleased I did as you can really see the shine on the flowers.

Here they are again in their new home though.


Stamps used - 
Cape Daisies Trio C405
Journaling Words 4
Creative Art Thoughts

Will you be getting some practice at your Needlework skills for this challenge?

Thanks for looking, Chris



5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely incredible, Chris. I love the way you covered that journal with your fabric you printed, colored, and sewed. It's stunning to say the least.

To answer your question, NO, I won't be hand stitching anything EVER, since I have no pinch grip, which you need in order to hold a needle.

Mae Travels said...

Your journal looks beautiful. I would have loved to have one like it in the past. I used to use journals all the time, and write and sketch at home, when I was interviewing people, and when I went to museums or other places where I wanted to remember what I saw. Now I do everything on the iPhone with photos of what I want to remember. I don't do any interviews any more -- that would be my only use for a journal.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Mrs.B said...

This is gorgeous Chris, love the printed fabric coverings and the stitched flowers are such a lovely detail.
Congratulations on your GD spot and well done with such an original project.
Avril xx

Rita said...

Absolutely love the multicolored flowers and these are both so pretty! :)

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous stitching Chris. You'll enjoy your journal and having a new pencil holder I am sure. Congrats on being a Guest Designer. They made a good choice asking you!