Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 2 September 2020

A first and a second..again!

Hi everyone, I didn't quite nod off last night but having posted three times yesterday I decided that was plenty!

I have a calendar journal page for Jo's 'Texture' theme at Art Journal Journey.
 I used an Andy skinner crackle stamp and different colours of ink randomly over my page and added stamped and cut out images by AAll and Create' Bipasha.
That was going to be it but last week we had a rainy walk at Lyme Park and came across a wall that was being repaired so I drew around the crackles to create a broken down wall between the two images.




As you can see the person doing the repair is taking a slightly less haphazard approach to wall building that the original builder

I though you might like to see August's pages filled in!
Nothing out of the ordinary happening!!



Now for my Second look on the 2nd where Bleubeard and Elizabeth invite you to show us a post from your blogging past.
This is from September 2016 - you can link here for a better look as blogger does not want to resize this and I have tried every whichway!
                     __________________________

A calm journal page


So after the excitement (previous post)- I went to a page I had started a little while ago when I had a playdate with my lovely friend Sarah. We spent the afternoon using our Gelli plates and this is a second printing.
I added stencilling, stamping to the background but nothing much else.
I came back to it yesterday and stamped and coloured an Indigo Blue image of poppies - repeated across the page, then coloured the poppies - pink and purple(!) using distress inks.
The butterflies are from The Artistic Stamper 'Insects and Butterflies' set. I repeated 'Imagine' (also Artistic Stamper I think) without re-inking, chosen mainly because of the size of the butterflies compared to my little row of flowers
I painted over the butterflies with cosmic shimmer pearl but the camera hasn't caught it (or the fronds of Sakura pen grass either)

Feeling calmer and getting ready for time out with our grandchildren later.

 I am linking to Try it on Tuesdays - 'How Does Your Garden Grow?' challenge (rather strangely, with butterflies this size!)
                      _________________________

I find this quite funny as yesterdays posts were using 
The Artistic Stamper stamps and TIOT, as I was still enjoying entering 
their challenges 


Thanks for looking, Chris

P.S Although I am apologising for the state of this post it should 
really be Blogger as this has never happened before!!!

13 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ha! Ha! and now it's published everything as it should!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

That's life! Lovely calendar pages and photos, and a great 'imagine' journal page from past times. Glad you are now feeling calmer. I have had 2 days really full with surprises that ween't planned and weren't good, but tomorrow has to be better! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-I really love everything here in your post-great calendar pages love the second look too-Happy second on the 2nd hugs Kathy

Mae Travels said...

I love your photo of the wall and also your artistic recapture of the image.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what gorgeous pages! The texture looks amazing, I love the crackle that you created with the stamp and you captured the ruined walls so beautifully 😀. It was lovely to see your inspiration too - perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great idea to use crackle on your calendar pages. Obviously, you have found a great wall to share, too. Lots of texture in this post, dear Chris.

You obviously live a much busier and more outgoing life than I. Your pages are filled with excitement, fun walks, and living.

Your second on the 2nd is wonderful. I know I've seen this one. You were all over that theme, since that's your idea of the perfect theme (as long as there are no frogs). Thanks for bringing this back so everyone can see it again. This is a great entry for your second look on the 2nd.

Karen said...

The repair is definitely haphazard! Your calendar is wonderful and your butterfly page is full of color and design ~

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, I'm still using Legacy and will till they force me to change.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the second look. It is calm and relaxing just like sitting in the garden can be. Your calendars are always amazing. I love the look back to August, and your September page is really amazing. I like the texture and the doorway/ wall stamps. They make such cool images. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

i love the new calendar page! thanks for visiting Kew and catching right up too!

Meggymay said...

A super idea to use the crackle paint to add texture to the page, which does look beautiful. Thank you for adding this to Jo's September theme at AJJ.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

LA Paylor said...

I want that stamp... so when I leave here I'm going looking for it. The crackle image would be brilliant on fabric!!! I like your art so much, and I liked your comment on my choices post... I don't have a feel for the T link party yet... but think I should share something I make and something I drink? I might have to sign up to read your posts. I do a paint post on Fridays, and a fabric art post on Saturdays... thanks for a pretty start to the day! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

craftytrog said...

I love all that fabulous crackle texture on your September calendar Chris, and those wonderful crumbly stone doorways!
Alison xx