Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Using Your Scraps at Try It On Tuesday

 Hi everyone, it's another of my favourite themes at Try It On Tuesday - Use Your Scraps - as you may know I use scraps a lot on my journal pages and sometimes on cards.

I started with an old piece of mop up paper, attached to my page with matte media gel - it really didn't like being photographed! 
Before I added any scraps to my page I played around with some scraps from my 'blues'  storage box
The Geneve picture from an old linen type calendar reminded me of our first trip to Austria a few years ago when we flew to Geneva and then caught a train that went alongside Lake Geneva and then all the way through Switzerland to Zurich where we changed trains to our first destination on the trip, Innsbruck. 

As you can see, I found some words and also used some of my scrap papers to make some die cuts. Finally I tore up some brand new washi tape into tiny scraps  - just because I wanted to try it out!

I hope you will be able to make something with your scraps whether they be paper or fabric - as usual anything you make will be acceptable as long as it follows the TIOT Challenge theme - Use Your Scraps!


Just remembered I intended to link to Art Journal Journey and Jo's 'Texture'theme!


Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page using your scraps Chris, they do seem to multiply when we are not looking. The image from the old calendar is a beautiful scene.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow such a beautiful page! I love that you organise your scraps in colours, I may have to do that too ...lol 😀. The background mop up paper looks gorgeous with your blue scraps - perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a great new week! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, you combined your scraps beautifully. Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous page Chris. Those colors draw in your eye to that wonderful vintage looking travel poster. Time to go, isn't it? Nice use of scraps too. Thanks for linking up to AJJ also. There is some fabulous texture here. Hope you're having a nice week. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

LOVE all that texture to your art journal spread! It looks so much like the ocean! Fabulous!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

... thanks so much for linking your amazing page to our Texture theme at Art Journal Journey too, it's always a pleasure to see you there 😁. Hugs, Jo x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Christ, love the collection of inky scrap backing papers. Love the vintage travel photo.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Lovely page Chris, love the textured background. I remember having a lovely day at Lake Geneva when we stayed in Switzerland a lot of years ago now


Joan x

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful creation - so cool to see and read how it evolved. Lovely and calming page - love the boat. Your trip sounds beautiful! Wonderfully done and so pretty.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

One of my favourite themes too and you've shown us just how much you love this Chris. Superb use of scraps and mop ups, the focal paints a very pretty scene.
Thank you for sharing this inspiring piece Hugs Tracey xx