Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 September 2020

T Stands for.....the quandary

Is it really Tuesday already? 
We have been out quite a lot over the last week. Last Tuesday, as usual we had to pick up our food order so opted to go to Styall for a walk. After two days at home we went to Tatton Park, and took a picnic with us, we had hoped to meet up with one of my sons and grandchildren but they couldn't make it...but they could manage Saturday, so we arranged to met them at Fletcher Moss (my favourite place at the moment)and had a picnic there.
Yesterday we had booked to go to Biddulph Grange as it closes each week on Thursday and Friday.
This morning before picking up our shopping we went to Dunham Massey.
So where shall we go today??

First though a quick journal page for Jo's 'Texture' theme at Art Journal Journey
I used some new Dina Wakley goodies and lots of paint, washi tape, tissue and pens. 

Now, I wonder if you guessed?
It's Biddulph! It was threatening to rain but we trusted the weather forecast that said it would rain after one o'clock.
We had read that the cafe was now open, so as it was at the start of the one way system we arrived time for coffee.
Hubby may be smiling but he is actually telling me to get on with it!!!
As you can see we shared a scone, I must be careful that it doesn't become a habit or that weight will climb back on again! The scone was every bit as nice as I remember them being here though!
The view through the window was fantastic too.
 The room has a lovely high ceiling
 Every table is cleaned after it has been used and the message on the other side says 'This table has been cleaned' and a request to turn the sheet over while we are seated there
Do you have a Drink related post to share with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for 'T Stands for Tuesday' at 'The Altered Book Lover' 
blog?

We enjoyed our walk...



 These steps are not used any more - I think we can see why!
 It was great to find this area empty

 Look what I could see!!!!
 EEEEK!!! Just in case you don't remember - I do not like frogs!!!
 We reached the part of the gardens I most wanted to see...Bidduplhs main attraction is the Dahlia walk - but lots of empty beds and these weedy specimens.....
..... and these weedy specimens made me feel sad....
...until we turned the corner!!!
 I love Dahlias, they remind me of my childhood being brought up on a plant nursery. My bedroom window faced a whole field full of rows of different varieties of Dahlias. The only down side was that whenever I opened my window there were loads of earwigs that I had to brush off before they got in my room!!
 No earwigs here though! I would often walk between the rows looking at each bloom in turn, such a variety of shapes - I do hope you don't mind me adding these close ups.









 I found this one fascinating!


Yes, I do have a favourite, but really all of these made me smile, so happy to have got here before the end of the season!
We continued our walk towards the woods
Another childhood memory of honeysuckle growing round our back door.








 One last little tune to go through (if you don't remember our last visit is here)
 The next two photos are hubby's
There was someone feeding the ducks, but the fish were beating them to it!!



Looking back for a last glimpse we saw the little lad we had seen feeding the ducks with his Grandad.

I hope you enjoyed this visit and as I mentioned at the start of my post I still have lots of photos of the other places we visited to come back to! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Helen said...

oh Chris, what a beautiful visit, and all those gorgeous dahlias!! the scone looks delicious too.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great texture page for Jo's challenge Chris. Love the images you picked. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. And I really enjoyed your walk today. Those dahlia's-what can I say? Wow. I think this is my latest favorite walk of yours. I am off to visit some garden tomorrow which I am excited about. Not sure they will be as exciting as you photos since we are in a drought, but if they look good I can go back next year. Hope yo had a fabulous T day. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your Dina inspired collage art page Chris- well done! Good for you to get your scone and that lovely walk around the grounds without so many people. I love the atmosphere of the café which reminds me more of a chateau interior.Your dahlia photos are gorgeous!! And sorry, but I do like frogs- I think I like most any creature:):) Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, gorgeous photos you have shared with us today.
Loving your journal page too and nice you were able to get out for a coffee and a treat-hugs Happy T Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, textural page, and great photos of that wonderful park! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a truly unique and different collage, Chris. I could almost feel the texture. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme.

I love your dahlias. I've never seen one in person, not even in our botanical gardens. The photos are beautiful and the colors are so striking.

I really want a real scone. The ones you get here are tasteless. It was so brave of you to not just visit the cafe in the gardens, but to share your scone and coffees with us. Thanks for your great art, your beautiful photos from your walk (LOVED the oriental bridge), your shared scone, and coffee with us for T on Tuesday which is now Wednesday.

Karen said...

What an incredible place to visit. The dahlia's are beautiful, and you captured some terrific pictures. I love the dew drops and all the vibrant colors and shapes. Your page has lot's of wonderful colors and shapes too ~ Enjoy the rest of your week.

CJ Kennedy said...

First, I love the names of the towns. Fletcher Moss, Biddulph Grange, Dunham Massey. So Midsummer Murders. While many towns in Massachusetts where I live were named for towns in England: Boston, Plymouth, Sutton, we didn't get any of the fun ones. A fun journal page with so much to look at like trying to find objects in the children's magazine. Your comment about Hubby telling you to hurry up and take the picture made me laugh. Himself grumps that all the time to me. 😺 How nice to be able to have your tea and scone in the cafe. Even better that it doesn't look like it was crowded. I don't like crowds. The gardens are spectacular especially the dahlias. They remind me of the beautiful blooms on Enders Island. Thank you for this outing and Happy T Day

Eileen Bergen said...

Biddulph is very beautiful - inside and out. I can see why it's a favorite of yours. I was amazed at the close-ups of the dahlias. The red and white one is a stunner! I wonder what the classification criteria are because of how diverse they appear. Some clearly look like dahlias to me, but quite a few look like an entirely different species. I enjoyed reading your childhood memories of being brought up on a plant nursery.

Lovely page or Jo's theme at AJJ.

Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos from your walks Chris, the flowers do look lovely.
Also a fabulous journal page for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

That cafe looks like a wonderful place. The ceilings and that fireplace! The view adds the finishing touch that would keep me coming back :) The walk you took -I feel like I walked there, too, thanks to your lovely photos- is so peaceful. The gardens and lake, the stone steps... I'd be tempted to try the steps ;) The Japanese garden and all those dahlias. A woodland walk is always a draw for me. What a delightful outing!

Happy T Day!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Fun journal page. "Spill" really spoke to me. As for the rest... so beautiful ~ all of it.

Rita said...

What a pretty page! You are so lucky to have all those places to get out and about that are so beautiful! I wonder if the koi ever nibble at the ducks feet--LOL! ;)

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page, love the texture that you created! The layers and colours look so happy, thanks for the smiles 😀. That's such a lovely place to explore, the oriental architecture and gardens looks amazing and I'm loving all those dahlias, such beautiful colours and petals! That scone looks good too, I'd happily enjoy a bite or two with my cuppa if your hubby would be kind enough to share ...lol 😁. Happy belated T Day and thanks so much for joining us at AJJ too! Hugs, Jo x

LA Paylor said...

the weight... it finds me wherever I go... your park is well, astounding in it's beautiful vistas, the red bridge, the cave, DAHLIAS! water lilies... thank you for the beauty this morning. Oh and I just watched a tv show (make it artsy) with Dina Wakely on it... she's really down to earth and nice
LeeAnna

sirkkis said...

Awesome, rich journal page on texture theme.
Thank you for sharing the series of beautiful various photos.
Happy and healthy weekend to you and yours xx