Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 4 September 2020

Fishing...

Hi everyone,it's going to be a busy month, but we're also hoping that with schools being back now our trips out may be easier for us! We have already noticed that bookings are down at the places we like to visit and I hope that soon we can decide on the day, where we go and at what time we set off!

I have been having a little break to make a journal page for Jo's 'Texture' Theme at Art Journal Journey.
I had already spotted this Bittern in our RSPB magazine - we used to hear the Bitterns booming near Arnside when we had our caravan but have never seen one close up. 
It was only when I tried to make some paint lift tape that this idea came to me. The paint peeled off in strips without tape!
I brayered some green onto the page then used a Carabelle texture plate to print directly onto the page
I added some Tim Holtz wildflowers from sets 1 and 2 and some words from a very wordy little novel I found in a charity shop.

I would also like to enter at Country View challenges - Complimentary Colours (Blue/Turquoise and Brown)

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

craftytrog said...

This is a gorgeous page Chris! I love the Bittern. We've just joined the RSPB, been meaning to do it for a while. Did you join Chris Packham's Self-Isolating Bird Club on Facebook. I love his weekly Facebook lives on a Friday morning, with his step-daughter Megan :-)
Have a lovely weekend,
Alison xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Chris, have enjoyed coming by and seeing your calendar pages and texture page. All so pretty. Hope you have an awesome Day! XOX

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely, lovely journal page, Chris. I'd never heard of a Bittern before, but truly enjoyed your lovely page. Lots and lots and lots of texture. Thanks beyond belief for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

BTW, it's good to hear your trips to various places may have opened up due to kids going back to school.

My name is Erika. said...

That peeled paint makes amazing texture for sure! Wow Chris. This is a nice page. Thanks for sharing. And happy weekend. Hugs Erika

Rita said...

Such a pretty page and definitely textured. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The paper pieces with the paint added some lovely texture along with the wildflower die cuts - fabulous 😁. Thanks so much for playing along at Art Journal Journey! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, this is soooo cool! Such great colors and details. I love the die cuts and your different colored chips. So well done and interesting! Inspires me. Hugz

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Chris and super inspiration for Jo's AJJ theme.
Its good that you are able to visit your favourite places again.
Yvonne xx