Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 3 January 2020

Something new......

I have a journal page for Jo's Something New theme at Art Journal Journey.
It is the second of two doodly pages started while watching hubby's choice of film the other night (no idea what the title was, but it had monsters in it)
I also chose this page to enter at the very last Moo Mania and More, a challenge I shall really miss! The theme is Triangles and I hope that my trees and some (very) rough triangular shapes allow me entry!
The first page I made was rather brighter!
Both pages were made by doodling some trees and fields with a micron pen then adding colour with my Derwent Inktense water colours - which were on the TV shelf in my pencil case! I used a new journal(too lazy to go next door and fetch one already started!
I chose to make two smaller scenes and outlined them with pen.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year - we are still trying to ignore the things we still have to deal with until after the weekend!

Thanks for looking, Chris


13 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing pages! You have drawn such beautiful landscapes, I love your design with the patchwork fields and different shaped trees 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a happy and creative New Year! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I really love your pages too and I agree with Jo they remind me of patchwork very nice.
Sounds like your husband watches shows that my husband would enjoy too
Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I love your doodle pages Chris. They look more than doodles to me. I think they would make great calendar pages. Hope your 2020 has started off great. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Chris. These are fun and colorful and I don't see a single stamp in sight. Color me bowled over! Like you, I'm going to miss MM&M. It was a fun blog to visit.

Sometimes being a bit lazy is good. It sure was when it came to something NEW, which is a wonderful new journal that is perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. LOVE these drawings.

froebelsternchen said...

These pages are amazing Chris!
Thank you for joining our last challenge over at Moo Mnai & More!
Big hugs, Susi

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Amazing, beautiful page !!! I love this wonderful display !!!!
greetings Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your trees! and the patchwork landscapes :)

Rita said...

Great doodles and I love how you have colored them. :)

Meggymay said...

Fabulous pages Chris, your doodle scenes look great. It sounds a good idea to have a journal handy for doodling while the OH watches TV. Thank you for adding this post to Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey Chris.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages Chris! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Love these Chris. I don't know how you do it but you always come up with something wonderful and which I then think "why did I not think of something like that". I love the trees and the foreground reminds me of a patchwork quilt. What a super way of occupying yourself whilst hubby watched a movie.
Hope you are well and we see one another before too long.
Happy New Year
Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Fabulous pages Chris! xx

Caty said...

What so so Gorgeous pages Chris !! Loove them, the scenes and the colours are really Wonderful !
Have a nice Friday,
Big hugs, Caty