Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 20 January 2020

T Stands For...time out!

Hi everyone! I am in the middle of making Crafty Individuals samples but really annoyed with myself for misplacing a certain product I wanted to use! I will be having a grand sort out of my craft room, but not until next week so am having to move on....
Still, everywhere else is looking much better!

Yesterday after church we went with our friend for brunch at a place she had had been to a few times with her family and was sure we would love...we did!
It is here I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday.

I forgot so got this outside pic from the internet.
It is still called a deli although they seem to have gone entirely over to the service of food - a good move I think!
The front of the food service area is like a cafe style where the back is in a tropical style with prints of Freda Karlo on the walls.

 We started with coffees ( and a tea for S)
Hubby had a cappuccino...
 .. while mine was my usual Americano!


 Hubby had Greek Bean Stew with a huge hunk of bread!
 S had Halloumi Souvlaki.
Mine was Greek Sausage Hash - which also came with a huge chunk of bread so hubby helped me out there!
I think that you would find quite a lot on this menu to enjoy Elizabeth!


Just in case you hadn't guessed the owners are Greek!
I took long time choosing but finally went with my friend's recommendation - it was delicious and we are looking forward to a return here soon!

We haven't been out much lately apart from walks around the village, although we did have a quick walk at Styall after shopping last week! It was a very cold day and I kept my hands tucked in my pockets!

We have had some colour in our lives though, from this Christmas gift of an Amaryllis which when I took off the cover had already started to grow and was a bit crooked - I propped it up with an old paintbrush and string and it seems to have done alright!

I will be double visiting those I missed at last week's T day! 
So, until then, Thanks for looking, Chris


  



16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, oh yum both of your plates look so delicious. years ago before retirement we had Greek friends from Chicago that owned restaurants and they would come out to our farm to get away from the city and cook for us--such good food. Love your beautiful flowers. Happy T wishes Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Oh your lunch looks so yummy. I like the choices on the menu. It is quite eclectic. Hope you find that item you were looking for. I know what that is like and how frustrating it can be. Hope you have a fantastic T day. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was SO disappointed when our Greek restaurant sold after they had been in business over 45 years (longer than I have been around to remember). Was glad to see the choices you had on the menu and was delighted to see so many vegetarian choices, too. I want the guacamole toast. Everything looked delightful and so yummy, too. Beautiful atmosphere with the plants and such, too. Thanks for sharing these and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday.

You got a great amaryllis, too. Such beauty and color. I'm sure the paintbrush straightened things out for it (grin). Thanks, too, for your kind words on my recent illness.

Valerie-Jael said...

That looks like a great place you went to for brunch. The food sounds yummy, too, and the coffee looks good. Your amaryllis is very pretty, mine didn't do so well this year. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

I nearly bought an Amaryllis this year, not had one for many years - I do remember they sometimes went a bit wonky! What a lovely colour yours is.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, it´s years we´ve been to a Greek restaurant, thank you for the reminder!
The Amaryllis sure makes the picture, I am done with the these grey days...
A happy T-day to you!

Linda Kunsman said...

So much of the menu choices sound good to me- I'd have a tough time choosing-yum! And your amaryllis-wow- stunning vibrant red. Happy T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous place to eat, I'll have to seek it out next time we visit Manchester 😀. It is such a bright and airy space, such a lovely setting for lunch and your food looks delicious! Wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Lisca said...

Oh yum! I love Greek food! (I´ve never been to Greece mind) Your brunch looks very delicious. All of it! A good suggestion of your friends. I just looked at the menu and all of it looks good.
Your amaryllis is beautiful. I love to buy one but these last few christmasses we have been away and then there's no point in buying one.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

Looks like a fun spot, and the food looks delicious. What a gorgeous amaryllis! Happy T Tuesday :)

CJ Kennedy said...

That menu has so many choices it must have been hard to choose. Looks like a cozy place and you can't go wrong with brunch. Your amaryllis is beautiful. My mother used to have several of them. So thanks for the nice memory. Happy T Day

Eileen Bergen said...

Interesting menu. I see something for everyone. What a treat.

You have quite a green thumb, Chris. The Amaryllis is beautiful!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The cafe you ate at looks very nice, outside and inside. That cappuccino looked delicious. And now I'm craving that sausage hash. Your Amaryllis is doing quite well, and does add some lovely red color. (Every year, after I take down the Christmas decorations, the room looks so drab, after previously having a lot of cheery red in it.) Happy T-Day!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, isn't that frustrating when there's a particular thing you want to use and it's vanished into the stash?! Looking forward to seeing the samples nonetheless.

Looks like a great place to eat - those halloumi souvlaki are making my mouth water... just a little bit envious!
Alison x

Caty said...

What a so good food and coffee Chris !! Happy belated T-day ! Hope you could use your things again in your craftroom. This restaurant looks beautiful. And I like this Amaryllis very much, great colour !!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
Caty

J said...

Hi Chris, a bit late visiting, some blogs I can only comment from my PC not ipad!!
Your food looks so delicious, made my mouth water, I like homemade soups, we used to go to Derbyshire in our caravan and go to a village that had a cheese shop, can't for the life of me remember the name but the pub used to serve Stilton and celery soup, I hate both of those items but the soup was delicious with crusty bread.
Have a good weekend
Jan x