Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 29 January 2020

News and feels like new!

I have another page for Jo's theme - 'Something New' at Art Journal Journey!

I have had some stamps for quite a while now but....surprise, surprise...some hadn't seen ink until today!

My feels like new is this.
I kept coming across this master board from years ago (before we moved to our apartment which puts it to at least 2011) Parts of it had been used - it was on A2 paper but there was still a lot left(still is)

I cut some rectangles as I had also got a large strip of designer paper. My usual way with bits of paper is to punch circles but this time I decided to cover the background, which was mostly made by cleaning Aall and Create stencils, with rectangles.

As the new stamps were at the top of one of my boxes I decided to use them. Some are border stamps which fitted nicely onto the orange strips.

I used part of one to make a border around the page and also to do some repeated numbers, which I then also stamped onto some inked scrap paper and cut out small circles.

Finally some spattered ink and a TH small talk sticker! 

So, new stamps and a new way of making my page!

We are ready for our next adventure...not just yet, but a phone call today has me getting excited!

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Marjut said...

Beautiful page!

Helen said...

Gorgeous Chris! I have loads of stamps that haven't seen ink.... shh don't tell anyone!

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful Chris, I love it

Meggymay said...

You have created a fantastic page for Jo's Art Journal Journey theme Chris and great that you have got to ink up some new stamps. I think a few of us are guilty of have some not inked, especially if there was a one we liked better in the set. [Thats me]
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic art journal page. I like the images and colors you used.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in LOVE with those stamps. And I would never be able to keep a master board that long. I love the strips, but I really love those stamps. Thanks for sharing this latest journal spread using Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend. I look forward to your good news, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Lovely work! Looking forward to good news, always!

My name is Erika. said...

It looks fantastic Chris. I love using old bits and new bits and putting everything together.
I love the stamps. I haven't seen them here but I do particulary like the one on the right. Nice page! Happy rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially love your "feels like new" piece. The colors and design keep me scrolling back up there for one more look :)

J said...

Hi Chris, thanks for your visit and comments, We are still on the ferry, steve paid for internet in the cabin so we could keep in touch with our son as we were two hours late leaving, the ferry coming from England was held up due to bad weather, it was slightly. Choppy coming out of Bilboa but we had a good nights sleep and breakfast in the restaurant!
I like you page, I have a journal book that I fully intended to play in, four pages in and nothing, I really will have to join in This challenge when I get home. Well done for using scraps and new stamps!

Have a great weekend,
Jan x somewhere in the English Channel

craftytrog said...

Simply gorgeous Chris!
Hope you have a lovely weekend,
Alison xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, not sure how I missed this one! This is such a beauty too, the vintage feel with those fabulous stamps looks amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and for all your support throughout the month too! Hugs, Jo x