Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 26 January 2020

Bbbrrrrrrrrr!

Hi everyone! If the forecasters have got this right we may see Wintry weather tomorrow! Not that it hasn't been cold and grey for a while, although this morning started bright but not sunny, before it rained!

The gang at Tag Tuesday are suggesting cold weather too with their challenge - 'Winter Scenes'


I love to see fresh snow although I can't say I enjoy walking in it if it either freezes in big wobbly ridges or when it starts to go slushy. The boy here seems to be ready for a walk but the little girl with him may well get her feet wet!

I used the back of a large tag that I pulled to pieces(forgotten why)a while ago. I painted it blue then added some darker blue metallic paint through a stencil before spattering with white paint! 

The snow on the black paper was made in the same way as yesterday's journal page with the chocolate wrapper. I stamped the Artemio tree at the bottom and then on it's side to make some branches at the top. The deer was part of a freebie set that I stamped and fussy cut.
I added some silvery stickles to the tree and some white pen dots around the branches!It doesn't show up well!

I just dry brushed some snow around the children's feet.

I am also entering at Stamping Sensations - 'Favourite Stamps' as this tree stamp is one of my most used all year round.

Thanks for looking, Chris




15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous wintry tag Chris! Love the blue as background to the b/w scene. Thanks so much for joining us again at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Have a good start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Great winter tag Chris. Love the white on black. Hope you don't get snow, unless of course you want a little winter. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

"cool" tag Chris - keep any snow up your way,please!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is totally unbelievable, Chris. This is a fabulous tag. Loved it, the kids, and the deer. Awesome.

brenda said...

It's a really super wintry tag Chris, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations 'Favourite Stamps'. theme this month.

B x

Iris Flavia said...

Very brrrr... cute. The girl looks like one of my Aunts! As she lives in Switzerland, there even might be snow.

Anke said...

Oh Chris your wintry tag is so lovely ...

craftytrog said...

Love your wintry tag Chris, that tree is a favourite of mine too.
We've had the same weather down south, and looks like we're in for some colder temperatures this week.
Happy new week,
Alison xx

Sandra Wright. said...

I so love this tag..perfect for our theme at Tag Tuesday.
Thank you so much for joining us..x

Divers and Sundry said...

I miss the snows we used to have, but here we're getting a high today in the 50sF I think. I'm thinking about spring lol, so your art is a welcome reminder of the snowy joys I knew as a child :)

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation using your favourite stamps! Your tag is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Rita said...

How cute!
Definitely winter here. ;)

pinky said...

I love your winter scene, depicted perfectly in your tag. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday!

Words and Pictures said...

That's a lovely wintry tag - so effective with the white on black - and two of my favourite Paper Dolls - delightful!
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Your tag is amazing! The wintry scene is perfect and I love the vibrancy of the blue background - perfect šŸ˜. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x