Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 16 January 2020

Moving On!

We keep being asked if we miss our caravan....the answer at the moment  is "No!" This is for several reasons! We often didn't go to the caravan at this time of year - it's only in the last few years that it has been open. We also have lots of lovely memories that when we choose to do so can be relived through our diaries and photos! The main reason though is because we planned our leaving and are now busy either visiting local attractions or making plans for going farther afield over the year!
It's not that we don't think about it and I'm sure that at certain times of the year we will wonder who is enjoying the scenery and the garden! 

I made a journal page using a new stamp set by Hobbyart (or rather it was new last October and unopened until today!)

I used my small square journal, added some watercolour washy strips then an Aall and create stencil inked, spritzed and used like a stamp, The running hare was stamped in black and the some of the foliage in the set were stamped and overstamped using black and green inks!I added a few doodly bits.
The quote is a Tim Holtz small talk sticker

I'm entering at Art Journal Journey and Jo's 'Something New' theme and also at...
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Use A Stencil

Thanks for looking, Chris 

15 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I love your page very much awesome stamps. Moving is hard-we still aren't out of the woods house-with Larry being ill-will push through it early spring Kathy

papercraft.writer said...

You designed a beautiful page! Love the hare.

Helen said...

what a beautiful page! I love the hare leaping over the fields.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Chris. An your attitude is good - enjoy the good memories but look to the future! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I understand. We often "nibble" on memories of our travels, too.
Yet, I really was sad when we had to give our car (in which we lived) away.
Your journal page sure suits these thoughts!

Annie said...

A fabulous page Chris, reminding me that Spring is on its way...yay!!
Love your positive outlook too xx

Huge hugs Annie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your new stamps look so beautiful! I love the happy scene that you created of the hare jumping through the meadow it reminds me of our walks around Glasson Dock in springtime, there are loads of hares in the fields 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again! Glad your enjoying yourselves and having fun planning new adventures! Hugs, Jo x

nwilliams6 said...

Love the rabbit and your whole design. Fab page!!! It inspires me.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a cool woodcut looking stamp. Love this page Chris. It is fun to finally open some stamps, isn't it? I love how all these images work together. It looks really cool. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Love hares, love woodcuts and you have made a lovely page using these stamps.
Glad you planned your retirement from the caravan - shame that we planned our buying a caravan at the same time.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

The new stamps look great Chris, the running hare is fantastic. Thank you for linking your fabulous page to Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Glad you're not missing the caravan and are planning more trips elsewhere. :)

Love the stamp set. Looks like one of our jackrabbits up here! :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful the journal with the rabbit!
Changes take place and simply look ahead into the future. Getting rid of the caravan is not easy, you have experienced a lot with it!
greetings Elke

Words and Pictures said...

That hare is simply wonderful - I always have a soft spot for hares - and I love his energy as he bounds through the meadows. Gorgeous silhouette plants and that subtle inky patterning in the background is fabulous.

Well-planned changes can still take some getting used to, so it's good to hear you are full of excitement for the new adventures ahead rather than looking back. I'm sure the caravan is in good hands - time for a whole new family to enjoy what it has to offer, while you're off gallivating round new places!!
Alison x

Caty said...

This is a so Gorgeous Art page Chris !! I love the little rabbit and the so beautiful foillage. You have spent so good moments in your caravan, I know, and you´ll enjoy much more in the future I´m sure.
I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs,
Caty