Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Make someone smile at TIOT

Try It On Tuesday is back - with a new challenge - What a Cutie/Make Someone Smile. Your entry can be either or both!
The Design Team have made some fabulous examples so do please take a look!

Considering the grey skies of late here in the UK, the fires in Australia and the snow in the USA, as well as some very gloomy news items of late, we certainly could do with having something to smile about!

I used a Woodware Stamp - Sweet Tweet for my card, it was good to get my stamps out again!

I started by putting ink onto an acrylic block and spritzing before adding to the card. I used several colours, allowing them to partially dry before adding different colours.

I used a couple of stamps from the set and joined them by using a micron pen.
I stamped out one of the flowers and fussy cut it and added some stones on the ground.
All my colouring was using Faber Castell watercolour pencils and a water brush.

I hope you will join us at TIOT - as usual the challenge runs for two weeks.

Thanks for looking, Chrisx





13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Your little bird did make me smile. This is a cute and fun card Chris. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

Beautiful card. Your little bird looks so cute.

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous, Chris. Love the colours and the images and you've put them together beautifully!
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! The smooshed ink and flowers create the perfect scene and the little bird is super cute 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x
p.s. thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my blog. x

Rosie said...

A lovely and wonderful card

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful sweet card and the bird image is so cute. You created a super background for this as well.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

The little bird looks so cute in his garden. It's a great fun card.
Avril xx

Rita said...

Oh, I absolutely love this birthday card! So cute.
Hope you have some sunny days soon. We get a lot of dark days in the winter here, too. :)

craftytrog said...

Love this! xx

Helen said...

what a cute page! definitely need things to make us smile.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw this on the TioT blog and it is adorable. That's such a sweet bird. Amazing coloring, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, the weather is frightening, but weee, this very, very cute card made me smile very big!
Beautiful! Irisx