Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 25 January 2020

Discovery!

We were given some chocolates for Christmas,last night we finished them, as I was taking the box apart for recycling I decided to peel off the shiny paper (that comes on the top of the chocolates) to see what was inside - yay! - new printing paper!
We had to shop today but this afternoon I set about using it! I already had some leftover paint on the page so chose similar colours!
First I dabbed on paint then used it to transfer the paint onto the page
I also added some gold through an Aall and Create stencil!
The stamp set is one by Bipasha for Aall and Create! I bought the set a while ago but had only used a couple from the set! I spotted the words on one of the smaller stamps and decided to use them all on one page!
I masked off the last word 'connects' for this page.
I coloured in the flowers with Faber Castell water colour pencils and then decided to add some stickles in red and gold - you can see them shining here!

I am entering at Art Journal Journey and Jo's 'Something New' theme!

I'll be back tomorrow with something else I use my new print sheet for!

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That chocolate box paper makes cool printing paper. You were so observant to see it and see it's potential. I also love how you stamped the quotes so they are there but don't jump out in importance on the page. Very pretty Chris. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Great page, have a fun Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

A great way to use the paper Chris and I like how you used and masked the new stamp. Thank you for adding this beautiful page to Jo'a AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art journal page. Nice use of the paper from the chocolate box.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool idea and work! Thank you for the creative thought!

logy mahmoud said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pearshapedcrafting said...

I removed the previous comment as I do not advertise on my blog - I hope your business does well without this ad!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great find! And your piece turned out beautifully :)

Rita said...

Such fun recycling trash. Love it! Very pretty. :)

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris and what a great idea with the chocolate box paper, it's given a fabulous effect.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are a genius at stamping, and you are also a genius at recycling. What a perfect way to use that paper. I really like how well everything coordinates color wise, too. This is a brilliant entry and I was especially pleased to see how you are able to only use part of a stamp. That's impressive and something I need to remember. Thanks for sharing this with us using Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. You always teach me something every time you create art.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Chris, great use of the textured paper! Xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! I love your new stamp of chocolate packaging and the sparkle looks so beautiful shining through the flowers - amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Jo x

Eileen Bergen said...

This is just beautiful, Chris. I was very surprised at how you created the background by stamping with pachage material. Stunning page! Eileen xx

Words and Pictures said...

An absolutely beautiful page, Chris... the colours are stunning, especially with that gleam of gold catching the light in places. Brilliant work with the packaging! The stamp is so lovely too. Sooner or later I'm going to have to give in on my "no clear stamps" rule with these amazing Aall&Create designs!!
Alison x