Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 8 April 2023

Tagging my recycling!

 Hi everyone, we are back from our travels. We had six days in Paris then one day at home before a round trip of around 170 miles to attend my uncle's funeral. He had lived a happy life until his last few months when illness set in. While it was not a happy occasion his instructions were 'not to be sad'. All of us there shared our memories of him and it was good to chat to aunts and cousins as well as my brother and his wife. After our shopping trip today we have had a relaxing afternoon.

For Art Journal Journey and Bleubeard and Elizabeth's theme 'Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose' I have reused two old tags.

I covered the whole page with old receipts to begin with.
I added some green paint randomly over the page then repeat stamped  onto the page, I added some arrows to the tags and then stamped them around the edges of the page. The tags were stuck to the page....done!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

 

7 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle, and how wonderful to celebrate his life by sharing memories with family ❤️. Your page is fabulous, using the old receipts was such a great idea! Sending you happy wishes this Easter weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Pauline C said...

Fabulous page with great mixed media elements xx

Cloudia said...

You are living a judicious and beautiful life. Edifying to spend time with you. Thank you. Best wishes

My name is Erika. said...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle Chris. I think if you can live a long happy life and not be sick until the end, that is a life worth celebrating, so his funeral plans sound perfect for him. I like how you used old sales receipts. That is a great way to recycle. And the page came out excellent. I like how you used the tags too; they add such great texture. Have a lovely Easter Chris. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you were able to meet with family at the funeral. Beautiful journal Page for Elizabeth's challenge. Happy Easter! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read about your uncle passing. It sounds like he had a full life, at least.

I often use old receipts as background, but mine mostly come from Aldi or the hardware store. I love how you covered yours and stamped on the page, too. Recycling two tags gave them new life. I love the butterflies. These tags alone were impressive, but when added to your journal, were fabulous. Thank you for adding this entry to Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

Aimeslee Winans said...

My kind of page, love all the layers and textures. Condolences for your uncle's passing. XOX