Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 10 April 2023

A very late Calendar journal page

Hi everyone, as you can see I am very much in catch up mode.

I totally forgot to make my calendar journal page before we went away - I wrote down notes so that I could fill it in.

It does mean though, that I was able to use some things from our trip on the pages.

When we order coffee in Paris it usually comes with sugar, (we do sometimes remember to say we don't need any) I know it only gets thrown away if we don't use it so I always drop the sachets in my bag. This year some got used up on some very tart lemon crepes that we ordered. 

The violets are new Paper Artsy stamps by Alison Bomber (of Words and Pictures blog)They always make me think of my Gran, whose birthday was in April - she loved them.

The backing for the left hand corner is a Gelli print practice piece and also has magazine pics and some corrugated wrapping paper.

I hope I have recycled enough for Elizabeth's Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose' theme at Art Journal Journey

I intended adding more flowers to last months pages but when I looked at the photo I had taken I saw that I didn't get around to colouring them in!


Thanks for looking, I'll be back with some photos of Paris soon, Chris

  


 

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Even the smallest amount of recycling is worthy of applause. Your spread is gorgeous. I love how yuo used the sugar packets and the corrugated cardboard. Of course, those lovely flowers steal the show. Thank you for this awesome calendar that puts mine to shame. It certainly qualifies for Bleubeard's and my theme at AJJ, dear friend.

My name is Erika. said...

It might be a few days late, but it's still great to see your recycled calendar for April. And that's a great idea using the sugar packet wrappers too. They can be very interesting additions. And I purchased that violet set too, and now I really want to use them. Happy new week Chris. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

A bit late but so pretty! :)

WendyK said...

Great page, I do an art calendar every month as well. This month I forgot all about it until the 12 th. And no I couldn’t remember what I had done, and as I hadn’t been anywhere either I still can’t fill every day. Getting old is not funny.