Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 27 April 2023

Save paper!

 Hi everyone, while looking through my Travel Journal from last year I found a tram ticket that we used in Angers.

I had some black paint that had been smudged on with an old credit card onto a page in an A5 rectangle journal. I added some Aubergine coloured paint using the same method then stencilled some zigzags with turquoise paint.

I had a few silver wrappers from some paints I bought in Paris - they went on to the page first. 

The question on the ticket asks "and what if we stopped the paper?" - the answer is "travel light with the M ticket" - it is to encourage the use of smart phones to .

I found a Metro ticket which I swiped with  Seedless Preserves Distress Ink(this also went around the edge of the page.) I will resist using my phone to pay for anything for as long as I can! 

As I was now finishing this page while hubby was bed and I needed to be quiet I chose the first box I could to look for an image. Fortunately it had some old calendar pages in so some flowers were cut from one page and the image was cut from the back of an Alphonse Mucha calendar and then I went to the actual page to cut out some stars.

I thought I might add more this morning but I am convinced that this page is complete.

There are still a few days of Bleubeard and Elizabeth's 'Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose' theme at Art Journal Journey so if you have any pages to add we will be pleased to see you.

Thanks for looking, Chris



8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another wonderful page, Chris! Have fun, hugs, Valerie

Dianne B. Carey said...

What a fun page! always a wonderful way to document travel memories!

Caty said...

That's a gorgeous art page Chris! I really love it, your background is fantastic, and the colours lovely. Good to see how you have recycled all the elements, which combine perfectly.
It is a great work. I hope you are well, and I wish you a very happy Friday. A big hug,
Caty

My name is Erika. said...

I'm going to remember this page Chris not only because I like it, but what a great way to use travel ephemera. I need to do something like this when I make my next travel journal. The purple paint really makes a pop too. Happy Friday and start of the weekend to you. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you put so many memories on a single page. I always love saving ephemera on trips and yours is fabulous. thanks so very much for sharing this with us at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme. I really LOVE the colors, too.

Mae Travels said...

I had a friend who used old tickets, brochures, and schedules along with her photos to make a travel journal after each trip. It’s really a neat idea, but eventually I threw away a lot of that ephemera, because it was going to bury me! Your page is neat.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rika said...

a wunderful page for the challenge.

*Vicki* said...

Your page layout is really stunning! I'm in love with the colors and the silver wrappers added such a wonderful shinny element to your design! It's brilliant!