Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Loving my greens!

Hi everyone, I have another page for Art Journal Journey where The Altered Book Lover's Bleubeard and Elizabeth (I'm sure Elizabeth is getting some help from Bleubeard) have the theme - 'Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose'

I had some quite ugly gelli printed paper and the final piece of a  designer paper.

I looked through a little scraps bag and found the book paper heart and the dictionary paper, then another bag turned up the receipt from our trip to Avignon (No, I don't throw much away!), the piece of stamped Crafty Individual paper (the rest didn't stamp well) and the map hearts.

I stamped, added some random water colours and fussy cut a stamp I bought at Version Scrap in Paris last year and added a Crafty Individuals diamond stamp with part of a background stamp that has been separated from the sheet!

Finally everything was spattered with black distress ink that I dabbed with a tissue so it wasn't too black.

By now we should be home(briefly, as we have to drive 100 miles to a funeral this week)

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Your "ugly" gelli printed paper looks like fabric with all your beautiful bits added to it Chris. It's really lovely. I like it a lot Chris, and it's perfect for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ too. Hope you had a great trip. hug-Erika

Pauline C said...

Love how you have incorporated your gel plate background into this stunning journal page. I must admit i don't get on with my gel plate ... I can rarely make it behave itself!
Pauline xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is wonderful, Chris. You do so much better with your gel plate than I do with mine. I've had mine about five years and used it twice. I especially like the hears. The ones nade from a map are genius, and the one from a book page is lovely. I also love how you fussy cut the flowers. Thanks for this lovely addition to AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme. Welcome home, even if only for a little while.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That should have been HEARTS, not HEARS. And I can't spell "made," either. DUH!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am so sorry that you have/had to drive to a funeral and that it is so far away. Please accept my sincere condolences. And I really love the beautiful art journal page you shared! I especially like the way your "quite ugly" gelli paper background has added so much beauty and texture here! And the book paper heart is a wonderful focal point. Thanks so much for sharing this and how you made it, too. Have a happy Easter! Hugs, Sharon

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the gelli strips placed across like that. You have much better luck than I do finding cohesive elements in your piles going in blind! Mine took hours to gather, luckily it was done years ago with my pages just waiting to be finished and still it's taken me 11 years to do that, lolol. Sheesh. This is such a pretty collage, well done. xoxo