Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 19 April 2023

Junk Journal.

Hi everyone, I have several journals that I class as junk journals. Some are regular journals or sketch books that I use to make pages with leftover items, as well as some stamping, stencilling and collage with bought papers.

This one is a true junk journal.


The cover is made with some painted bubble wrap and all of the pages are chosen for their texture or the sound they make when they are turned.

Four of the pages are made from a chocolate wrapper.

You can probably guess what first attracted us to this chocolate but I must say that the chocolate itself is delicious never mind whose name it is. This particular flavour is my favourite. On here I just added a pice of leftover paper from a page in a journal.

The plant images here came from a magazine and a leaflet
This one has a piece of gelli printed paper, a sugar wrapper from a coffee shop in Salzburg  and a small wrapper from a pack of mini chocolates

This page has a piece of leftover background from some card making, the bird is part of some wrapping paper and the green scallop paper was the backing from a craft item.

I am going in at Art Journal Journey where Elizabeth's theme is 'Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose' 

Thanks for looking, Chris


4 comments:

Cloudia said...

I love your idea to paint the bubble wrap! Super texture

My name is Erika. said...

What a cool journal. I love that you painted the bubble wrap and really made a true one using all recycled materials. Very clever Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My goodness, Chris. I adore that bubble wrap cover. It is wonderful. I've never made a junk jouornal, but I sure love what you have given us. Each page is delightful. Just wonderful recycled art! Thanks for sharing this with Bleubeard and me using our theme at AJJ.

Neet said...

Love your bubble wrap cover, why have I never thought of painting bubble wrap? No, don't answer.
Fab jornal, I can see the attraction to the chocolonoly bar- who could resist buying that with your husband around.
hugs Neet xx
ps have not been so good, will be in touch soon zz