Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 11 April 2023

T Stands For The Start Of Our Trip To Paris

Hi everyone, I missed you last week. Our journey home took longer than expected thanks to Avanti West Coast trains!

Our journey to Paris went very well though! 


We had time to have lunch at The Hansom at St Pancras Station.

It is somewhere I have wanted to go to for a while but usually we only have time for a quick snack.

It was quite a warm day so we both chose salads - mine was my favourite Caesar and hubby had Niçoise. We shared a pot of fries. We both opted for water as our drinks and it is these I am sharing at T Stands For Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover blog.

It is quite a grand place as it used to be part the entrance for the station and is accessed from the station from the old booking office which is a rather grander restaurant. 


We had a good journey to Paris and when we arrived had lovely welcome from the receptionist
In our hotel room there was a lovely, surprising welcome from the manager.
She had written us a lovely welcome note and left us some chocolates.
We saved them until Easter Day and can report that they are delicious. 
We had a good catch up the next day before setting off on a very long walk.
Here is the view from our room.
We took a better photo of this at ground level - it is part of an art trail and this particular wall art changes every year.

This is on the opposite side of the road
I love to look out over the rooftops - were on the fourth floor of the six storey hotel


The roof garden at the centre of this photo fascinates me. The owner has added new things over the years.
Here is a close up I took a few years ago. 
That's all for now.
Next time I will tell you about our long walk.

Thanks for looking, Chris











14 comments:

Cloudia said...

It felt marvelous as if I was actually there! Thank you for sharing your sweet trip. Have a great weekend!

Lisca said...

Great wall art. Do you come to this hotel every year? Or is it the first time?
Interesting railway restaurant. I had to google it as <i had not hesrd of it.
Happy T-Day,
Hug,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

I love that bull mural. Back in 2010 we went to southern France and we went to the old Roman stadium in Nimes where they do French style bull fighting. We didn't go to a fight but I was surprised to find out parts of France do their own bull fighting. That mural reminds me of that trip. And it looks like you had some beautiful weather. I love rooftop views so these are fun photos. That is quite the restaurant too. It reminds me of Harry Potter. Is it also a hotel as I see luggage carts? This was a fun post Chris. I hope you've had a wonderful T day. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Your trips to Paris are always wonderful to learn about, and I’m grateful that you share them. It looks as if you were quite safe from the dramatic and sometimes violent demonstrations that are taking place in Paris this week.

A few days ago, we saw news photos of the exact area where we have often stayed, and where there was an arson fire along with large numbers of helmeted and shielded riot police facing demonstrations. This was at La Rotonde, a famous cafe, across the street from where we often entered the Metro! Looks like you were in a safer neighborhood, at least I hope so.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

Aaaahhh Paris!!! Take me away!!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The first photo of the Eiffel Tower was a show stopper and really set the tone for the rest of the post. What a charming place to have lunch. Quite magnificent looking.

Your hotel room had great views and amazing scenery. I was surprised by the roof garden then and now. And those murals you found are adorable. I especially like the one that wraps around that building.

Thanks for taking us to Paris and sharing your meals and waters with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Amila said...

These are beautiful photos from Paris. This restaurant at the station looks like an interesting place for a quick snack. Beautiful mural too.
Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, so awesome you and your husband can visit Paris often. Loved the photos, your meal sounds delicius.
Happy T hugs
Kathy

Sharon Madson said...

I wish we could just take a little trip to Paris! So fun that you can go so often. Thanks for sharing photos. Happy T day.

Carola Bartz said...

The roof garden is so pretty! I would love to have something like this if I lived in Paris. St Pancras is a wonderful station and so well preserved.

Rita said...

Always fun to travel with you.
Happy Tuesday! :)

Helen said...

the art trail sounds fascinating, love the bull mural! Always love travelling to Paris with you. Helen x

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice to be made so welcome at your hotel, that's great! Lovely photos, too! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Springtime in Paris! So sweet of the manager to leave you a welcome bag. Sweeter filled with chocolates. I was tickled by the running of the bulls mural. All the excitement without the fear of injury. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Happy T Day and Safe Travels!