Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 18 April 2023

Rainbow colours at TIOT

Hi everyone, when did a fortnight get reduced to one week? Well, at least that is what it feels like! 

Yes, it's time for a change of theme at Try It On Tuesday. We're asking you to choose 'Rainbow Colours'. You will find plenty of inspiration here from the Design Team.

I made a card with a rainbow of Distress Inks that were added to an acrylic block then spritzed with water and pressed the card on to it. It was something I did with a friend who'd never tried this technique before so there were lots of 'oohs and aahs'


We used water colour paper and when I got home I stamped it with part of an Indigoblu stamp. The card was stamped with a Paper Artsy mini stamp which I used unmounted to get a random effect. I used a corner rounder cutter on both. I stamped the sentiment and outlined the 'rainbow' with gold pen.

I hope you can join us with your 'Rainbow Colours' this time at TIOT - there are a few rules which you can find here.

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

You're right about how fast the last 2 weeks went Chris. It's crazy, isn't it? This is such a pretty card. I love those rainbow splotches. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Time is flying, that's true! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

LOVE that technique for the background!!!! It is so fun and colourful! And I agree, when did 2 weeks get condensed into 1? LOL! Have a super week. ((HUGS)) Helen

Rita said...

Love the rainbow of color! :)

Pia S said...

It's interesting to see what can be mad with very simple tools and few different products. This is very decorative and the style appeals to me.

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous arty card Chris … fabulous rainbow effect
Pauline xx

Sharon Madson said...

Time goes fast for sure. Lovely card, Chris.

Meggymay said...

I love how you created the rainbow background for this beautiful card Chris. great inspiration for the new theme.
I've had a good catch up this morning and the journal pages look fantastic as well as all the photos you have been sharing.
Have a good week.
Yvonne xx

Cloudia said...

What a nice treatment of rainbows!

Neet said...

I love this. Do you mind if I copy the idea (I will credit you) as it looks fabulous. What a great idea and how good to have it in your journal.
Hugs, Neet xx

Viv said...

This is a fab card Chris - love it! x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely card Chris, I love your Rainbow effect, so pretty, and the gold outline really makes it stand out on your card.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous effect Chris, I just love doing this technique looks amazing in rainbow colours. The stamp you chose is a wonderful match, what a super card. Happy crafting Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Time sure does fly by so fast x