Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 29 November 2020

Putting a bird on it!!

Hello, it's another grey day here - sunshine promised for later in the week!

I would have posted this sooner but we have been having some problems with the internet - all seems to be well today though!

This will be my last page for Wendy's 'Birds' theme at Art Journal Journey. I have really enjoyed this theme and Wendy has been an excellent host, so Thank You Wendy! 

I must confess to this page being brought about by wanting to use the fabulous poppy seed stamp by Tracy Evans and the flowers stencil by Janet Klein(both from Aall and Create)
I had brayered some spare paint onto the page so I added some stencilling and stuck on a piece of gelli print that wasn't so happy with. 
I used one of the flowers on the stencil as a spritzed stamp and and the other onto my page then drew around both outlines.
I stamped the poppy seed head and added the bird from a set I bought in France when out with my SIL.
I used a gold glitter pen to highlight parts of the stamp and flower.

As the internet seemed to be OK I have signed up for next years Wanderlust classes - there was a very good discount being offered and from the look of it I'm going to have some fun!

I hope all is well with everyone - we will be in Tier 3 of restrictions next week when we come out of this second lockdown so still being very cautious -hey ho!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


 

9 comments:

WendyK said...

A fabulous page Chris, I love the poppy seed head and your background.
Thank you for your support.
Hugs Wendy.

My name is Erika. said...

This is beautiful Chris. I love the bird on poppy seed pod, as well as the more artistic version of flowers. It was a good art month, wasn't it?

Helen said...

Chris, what a gorgeous page - can see why you like the poppy seed head stamp! take care, stay safe.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Fabulous page, Chris!
LOVE The sweet colors!
Hugs from Spain

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Chris, very well composed. Have a good, new week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I knew you were going to love this theme, Chris. I loved this final page and you certainly gave us a lot. Thanks for another beauty for Art Journal Journey using Wendy's theme.

Please check out Bleubeard's place for updates, too.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! I love that stamp, and your background.
Happy new week,
Alison xx

nwilliams6 said...

Classes sound fun! Learning is so fun and inspiring. I see why you wanted to use the stamps and stencils as they are lovely. The bird looks perfect on top too. Wonderful mix of elements, colors, and details. Wish I had another day off to play but need to be happy with the last 4 days. Lovely post, Chris. Hugz

Rita said...

I have enjoyed the birds in November. :)