Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 1 November 2020

Bird Fun

 Hi everyone, over at Art Journal Journey we are welcoming Wendy with her new theme - 'Birds'

I love birds and I know I'm not the only one at AJJ, so you can expect to see a few pages from us popping up this month!

I've started with a little bit of fun - I bought a cute bird stamp by Janet Klein (it's from an Aall and Create set)


I started with brayering some bright paint colours onto my page and then added some stencilling (Lotsa Dotz) and stamping (Scripted Squares by Bipasha) randomly over the page.I stamped the tree from her Archway set and then added a dried leaf picked up one of our walks.

I added some gilding paste over it to give it a sheen.

The birds were coloured, stamped and fussy cut - my original idea was that they were rushing to the tree for the best branch to roost on but after watching some very noisy crows playing in the branches of a tree outside my window decided that they were enjoying this race.

I used some of Abs's washi tape, torn to get the word 'race', but then had to go on a search for words - I found some by Tim Holtz in the snarky booklet then turned to my usual book for the others, these phrases were at opposite ends of the book but fitted so well to tell the story of my happy little birds.

I filled in a few gaps by using Autour de Mwa's 'Components' stencil to draw some circles, added some white ink and more washi for grass.

I hope to see lots of different birds this month, even though we are all going to be inside most of the time...we are aren't we? 

Lets hope we can shoo this virus away by not meeting up with others.

Thanks for looking, Chris



11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I knew you were going to love this month and you have started it off with a great first entry, dear. I love the idea they birds are in a race, and as always I SO admire your fussy cutting. Thanks for this great first entry using Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous, colourful and fun page, Chris, love everything about it! Have a great November, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Cute story! And weee, they sure would love our Happy Rizzi House!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a happy page Chris. And what a clever idea to use the leaf as the top of the tree. Your background is so full of texture and great colors too. Love those birds. Happy November! Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Birds! Oh this is going to be a fun one. I love those stamps! What a great start to the new topic. :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is such a cute and funny journal page!
Have a good time, hugs Elke

Mae Travels said...

Nice little birds! I just love birds.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

WendyK said...

A fabulous background for those gorgeous birds, love it. A wonderful first entry for my theme.
Hugs Wendy

sirkkis said...

Love your wonderful bird-page.
Happy and healthy November!

craftytrog said...

Such a fun page Chris! I love it! xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, those birds are soooo fun and whimsical. Love the busy background full of color and details and your tree is great too. I LOVE this page. Hugz