Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 20 November 2020

In the Woods!

 Hi everyone, I've been quite busy these past few days but when some new stamps and stencils arrived this morning from Thats Crafty I couldn't wait to play! 

I will keep this brief though.

It's another page for Wendy's 'Birds' theme at Art Journal Journey

My page had a few mop up marks on it and I added some leaf stencilling and stamping with Melina Dahls stamps and I'm sure you can see why I fell in love with this owl - it was the way he looks!!

I used Distress Inks for the background and stamped the owl with Versafine Clair ink - colouring was done with Derwent Watercolour pencils.

Today has been a dark one again and I am leaving taking photos of my samples for CI until the morning (I had hoped to have them in the post today!)

I'm off to spend some time with a neglected hubby now!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, owls are always so pretty. Have agreat evening, hugs, Valerie

Dora said...

Beautiful

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You must have a stamp or stencil for everything, dear Chris. This latest owl is simply adorable, It's a fabulous entry for Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

My name is Erika. said...

What a gorgeous owl! I love this page Chris. Hope your husband didn't mind being neglected too much while you made it. You did inspire me. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...


I love owls, beautiful work - have fun with the Hubs :-)

Neet said...

Another lovely journal page Chris. I have always had a soft spot for owls and love to see real ones. Mind you the one that sits in a corner of our garden during the night screeching for a mate does not endear me to it. Well, it sounds as if it is there and we are surrounded by trees but I haven't seen it. So I think it is in our garden. Yours is so cute.
`Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! Love this, the owl is fabulous 😁. I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

Great page Chris, I love the owl!
Alison xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Chris. Just getting caught on your posts this week. Loved both journal pages. I'm partial to the square and the landscape formats, so I do love those birds. Also enjoyed Tatton Park, thank you!

I think the lockdowns will be around until Spring at least, as that is the earliest that any of us regular folk will be able to get vaccinated. Just my 2 cents. I must share what my friend's mum told her. She came to the States after the War married to a GI. She is in her 90's now and doesn't talk much anymore, but my friend said they were watching the news with all the demonstrations across Europe. and her mum said no one knows how to sacrifice anymore, and she was glad she didin't go through the Blackouts with those folks because they'd all be dead. Long term gratification is in short supply nowadays. :( Stay safe and well, XOX

Rita said...

Love the background and the cute owl.
Always fun to get new supplies! :)

WendyK said...

Fabulous owl on your lovely journal page, thank you, I love owls.
Hugs Wendy

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love the enchanting journal with the great shapes of the background and with the cute owl.
Have beuatiful day , hug Elke

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, that owl is lovely and I can see why you fell in love with him.
Avril xx

nwilliams6 said...

Love, love, love that owl. The green background is perfect for him too. Such a super page for the AJJ theme. Even your border is cool, Chris, Hugz