Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 November 2020

T Stands for..... Tatton Park

Hi everyone, it's been another week of lockdown and frustration at seeing news of public demonstrations and big parties taking place in our area. 

Have these people not realised that most of us are trying to get things back to something like normal while they are behaving as though every thing is normal. Their behaviour is likely to make us continue with more restrictions once the lockdown is over at the beginning of December. 

My friend's Mother went into a care home in April and she hasn't been able to visit her yet! At least there is hope on the horizon for her now with a testing system being put into place.

Sorry, rant over and something a little more positive. I made a journal page for Wendy's 'Birds' theme at Art Journal Journey


I have used some stamps by Wensdi at Art Inspirations(I am being tempted to buy some more)

The background had some mop up from Aall and Create stencils and some inky hearts by Dina Wakley.

In case you can't read the quote it says 'The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams' a quote from Oprah Winfrey.

Last Thursday we went for a safe walk at Tatton Park. We avoided the Gardens, just as well, there were big queues when we walked past the entrance at the end of our walk.

Although we did see some folk on our walk the paths were wide enough and even then everyone seemed to fall into single file quite naturally. I wish some of the walkers we used to see by the river had done the same as I miss walking there.

We decided to walk towards the Old Mediaeval Hall


I think the tree on he left deserves it's own picture, there's a while mass of twigs in the middle.

There are deer in the distance....
...fortunately hubby's camera lens picked them up perfectly!

A flock of birds were flying around, I thought they might be crows but they weren't making any noises to help identify them.

Hubby caught them going down into the long grass, still no idea what they were!

We reached this large pond - hubby remembered taking school groups there for pond dipping but says there never used to be a fence
I took this through a hole in the wire fence

Wasn't sure how this would turn out but I'm quite pleased with it.
We walked back along the same path
After a quick look at the wood...

...it was time for coffee and my cue to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday and something drink related.

I caught hubby opening the little packet of biscuits we took to have with our flask coffee.

He turned the tables on me as I don't drink my coffee very hot as he got out to take more tree shots

On the way out of the park I asked hubby to stop so that I could take this shot of a very strange  looking cloud!

We don't have any plans to go out this week, although I will probably have to brave the Post Office with my Crafty Individuals samples .

The stamps are so lovely. I have all sorts of plans that I won't have time for before they need to go but They are the kind of stamps that will be used regularly.

Thanks for looking, Chris







23 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I see blogger is playing games again....grrrrr!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page and you had a great walk, it all looks so pretty. Most people are sensible here, but some still act as though there's nothing wrong....Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

It is frustrating to see people having large maskless gatherings and planning the Thanksgiving parties they're not quarantining in advance of :(

That looks like a peaceful outing. Beautiful scenes :)

Happy T Tuesday!

kathyinozarks said...

Your journal page is beautiful Chris, and I always enjoy all of your pretty photos.
Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

Eileen Bergen said...

Rant on, Chris. It's very upsetting to see some people carrying on as if no one matters - just their good times. One of my best friends came down with the virus. He was in hospital but home recovering now. He always wore his mask.

Beautiful bird page. The bird stamp is gorgeous. I would be tempted to buy them too, if I had a way to get them to me in Mexico. In a way, it's a good thing I can't. ;-)

Lovely photos from Tatton Park. Deer in the wild are so pretty. The picture you weren't sure about is beautiful with the white sunshine coming through the bare tree limbs. You framed it perfectly. The strange cloud might have been a space ship! lol.

Happy T-Day! Stay safe and stay well. Hugs, Eileen

Kate Yetter said...

Chris, your photos are beautiful. They make me want to let out a sigh. They are so calming even just from a picture. So glad that you are able to find some walking paths that are wide enough and less traveled. Looks like you are enjoying your cup of coffee in the car. And that tree with all its gnarly limbs is lovely.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's turned into a battle of those who love Trump and those who don't in the states. It won't be long until we will be FORCED to lock everything down, I fear. Masks save lives, but no one seems to care.

Your beautiful bird journal page made me smile. I love the colors and the background, too. It's a perfect addition to Wendy;s theme at Art Journal Journey.

Gotta love your walk through Tatton Park. I see YOU have contrails, too. Just like at Valerie's blog. That was a weird cloud though. I've never seen one like it before. What got me were the photos of the birds in the grasses. They reminded me of Van Gogh's Crows over the Cornfields.

I enjoyed seeing you in the car, too. Like you, I can't drink hot coffee. Thanks for sharing your trip to Tatton Park, your incredible art, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Helen said...

I love the journal page and totally agree about the selfishness of some people! Gorgeous photos, especially that cloud! Glad you got to go out for a walk and avoid the crowded parts.

Let's Art Journal said...

I can't understand why people aren't abiding by the lockdown restrictions either! Your page is so beautiful 😁. I enjoyed the walk around Tatton Park, the pathways and views are so lovely. So nice to have a cuppa, me and my hubby always take a flask with us too. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful page and wonderful landscape photos from your trip! Unfortunately it's the same everywhere!
Take care of yourselves, hug Elke

Linda Kunsman said...

I caught your page on IG Chris and am quite happy to revisit it. It is beautiful and joyful! I love the airiness of it along with the soft tones of colors.
Always enjoyable to see the photos of your walks, and I love the photo of you happily having your cuppa safely in the car:)
Happy T day!

Mae Travels said...

Your walks through the countryside are always fun to see in your photos.

I wonder which country has the most stubborn people. We've been reading about a nurse in South Dakota (where the number of cases of the virus is astronomical) who treats many patients who refuse to believe that they have a disease which they think is non-existent. She has had patients who died insisting that it wasn't real!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

That cloud almost looks like a bird. It is unusual. I love your AJJ page Chris. Those are pretty great stamps. And your walk photos are just beautiful. It looks like you made a smart decision avoiding the gardens, but you still got some beautiful walking in. Thanks for sharing. Hope it was a nice T day. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Dumb, ignorant people like that I fear we will always have. Yesterday a woman pushed me aside. Thank you for coming so near. Not! Some think, wearing a mask more or less correctly is enough, distance, pfff.
The bird-page sure cheered me up again, as the walk.
Belated happy T-day!

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, my favorite picture is the one of you! How fun to see your smiling and sweet face! Yay for hubby. Beautiful walk pictures - I just walk in my kitchen with a walk tape as I can't stand the bugs of Alabama (who love me by the way). I agree with you on being miffed at people not taking precautions. Rule following and caring for others seems to be going more and more by the wayside. Love your bird page and your bird pictures. Great stamps- I am off to look at them (just bought a mug after looking at one of Valerie's pictures - lol). Hugz

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your artwork is beautiful. Lovely photos from your walk. You have great places to go walking there. Those deer look nice. I like the white spots on them. The deer here in Connecticut US have spots like that when they're young, but they turn all brown when they reach adulthood. That sun behind the trees photo reminds me of one I took here yesterday: it looked like a snow sky. That last photo of the unusual cloud shape was fascinating. (Teddy said to tell you he thinks it was cloaking an alien spaceship. Teddy has a vivid imagination. ;-) Happy T-Day!

Lisca said...

We get the same problem here on a smaller scale. Some people seem to be in total denial. Youngsters congregate as if nothing is going on. Not a mask in sight. They get together in the streets and parks as all the cafes and bars are closed. I take a wide berth.
Your Tatton park photos are beautiful. I love that photo of the pale sun through the tree. And of course the star of the show: You in the car!
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

What a pretty page.
I don't know what is the matter with people, either.
Lovely place to visit. Some intriguing trees.
Stay safe and well! :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

What an absolutely beautiful page! And your photos are wonderful. I especially like the ones of you and your husband in your car enjoying food and drink!!! Thanks for sharing them! Have a great day.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page, and your walk looks wonderful Chris! xx

WendyK said...

Gorgeous journal page, love those stamps. Thank you for another entry for my bird theme.
Hugs Wendy

DVArtist said...

Ohhh my. First your art piece is fabulous. I like the birds very much. Great movement and design. Second, your photos simply take me away. That is a great compliment. Thank you for sharing them.

Mia said...

Your page is perfect, Chris! Thank you for the beautiful photos too!
And: There is a birthday candy on my blog. Kisses!