Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 10 November 2020

A Traditional Christmas at TIOT

 Hello, we are getting into the Christmas mood at Try It On Tuesday with our new theme - Traditional Christmas Colours.

The Design Team are really are celebrating in style. 

I think of Holly and Ivy and big red ribbons to tie them together just like my Gran used to do. I missed out on the ribbon but added some Poinsettias instead

I combined three stamps from a new set by Crafty Individuals, designed by Isa, a member of the CI Design Team. I stamped and embossed them before using my watercolour pencils to colour them. I added some white pen for highlights and spatters using white and gold paint.

I used some music paper from a Christmas song and added lace for a background. A good old peel off provide the sentiment (got to use them up somehow!!)

The team at Try It On Tuesday look forward to using your project and welcome all kinds of art. If you want to put a modern twist on don't forget to keep the colours traditional.

Thanks for looking, Chris



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful and very festive card, so pretty. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Beautiful card Chris! I rally like the sheet music you used with the words berries and such poking through! Brilliant!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card! The pretty lace and Christmas sheet music makes the perfect background for those pretty poinsettias and Holly, a lovely way to remember your grandma too šŸ˜. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Your floral arrangement is gorgeous Chris. They really pop off the sheet of music. Very festive. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, that really is so christmassy, beautiful!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Chris! I love the lacy edges!
Alison xx

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Rita said...

Very pretty!
We had snow again yesterday and it is 20 degrees outside. I had best get my Christmas cards done--LOL! ;)

Marjut said...

A beautiful card the flowers are so pretty.
Hugs, Marjut

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris, I do like these stamps and the vintage music paper you choses makes a great background, very festive.
Avril xx

Joan said...

It’s a beautiful card, love the traditional feel . Just ordered that stamp!


Joan