Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 12 November 2020

Enough of this darkness!

Hi everyone! Thanks for your visits and lovely comments, I've been away from the computer for a while but I promise I will get some blog catching up soon!

The other day it was dark and gloomy almost all day so a page that had started out quite brightly became dark and gloomy too!

It's not helped that we hadn't been out for three weeks either (unless you count going to chat to my friend through her window).

The news was not too positive either until...hurray ..there is a Covid vaccine almost ready and another one well on the way. I'm still not expecting to be able to hug my family for a while yet and Christmas celebrations may well be in July next year but...there's a vaccine!!!! 

My page really is a gloomy one but on the horizon is a bright page I have started after going for walk in the sun at Tatton Park today!


I used my favourite scruffy crow from Crafty Individuals - he normally looks so cheeky but here he is in a different mood altogether. The girl here usually looks relaxed but here she is tense and trying to hide away. 

The background was made with scraps from my desk and I went over everything with watered down blue paint. I stamped the bird onto the page but it didn't show up too well so I stamped hime again onto tissue paper. I added few small hexagons through a stencil and wrote the words on my computer.

This page is to link to Art Journal Journey where Wendy's theme is 'Birds'

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, it's hard being without family, but at least you're not alone 24/7 as I have been for months! We have to get through this somehow! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm like Valerie. I've not been anywhere since March 13. It's hard, but at least Valerie has a place she can walk. The cars that buzz up and down my street make walking unpleasant and unsafe. I can actually relate to your dark journal entry, Chris. I just hope your mood is far better than mine seems to be right now. Thanks for this latest entry for Art Journal Journey using Wendy's theme.

Helen said...

what a great page, Chris. I love the bird.

sirkkis said...

Touching art and words. A gorgeous interpretation on this time.
Happy and safe weekend xx

WendyK said...

I love your thought provoking page Chris. This t=year is one we will all want to forget. Thank you for another great entry on Art Journal Journey.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Chris, I love the scruffy bird!
Things are looking a bit more positive with the vaccine. I'm thankful that I've had Graham for company, but it's hard not seeing our children isn't it?
Alison xx

Rita said...

Oh funny! I find crows most cheerful--LOL! Because they are so smart and their antics entertain me as much as squirrels--LOL! But the page reflects the feeling so many of us have had at some point during this endless pandemic. Good news about vaccines. Eventually we may be able to get them--whoohoo! :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a gloomy piece, but it fits the mood.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

P.S. I like the piece.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, this sums up how a lot of us feel some days during this crisis (and some days before as well). Great background and the dark bird and sad girl just make the mood. Love your words too - that is exactly what we need to say when we get down. It will improve and maybe then we will be more grateful for the time we have with friends and family and the freedom to shop and do things without fear. Love this page!!!