Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 8 June 2020

Time to sew!

I had intended posting this yesterday but somehow it was ignored!
I have indeed had time to sew. I have been using my evenings in front of the TV to put some finishing touches to something started last year...and that's not all!

I have made a journal page - no mop ups this time (although there are plenty of those in various journals!)

I started by blending some Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Milled Lavender,Evergreen Bough and Dusty Concord onto my page.
It is here that I should have a photo as I dampened some lace stamps by Crafty Individuals and stamped and dabbed with a paper towel to lift the ink.
Next I stamped the sewing machine stamp designed by Sharon Bates - one of the new stamps by Crafty Individuals.



I added a Singer receipt and some haberdashery items from another CI stamp and then stamped some of the lace.
I used watercolour crayons and a water brush to colour parts of the machine and the Visible Image watches that I had added.
I used a fabric scrap did some random stitching on my sewing machine and then stuck it on as though it had been sewn by this machine.
The lace was just handy on my desk so I stuck that on too!

I have two boxes of quote stamps taken from various sets. 'Creative Life' are by the Artistic Stamper and the other quote is a Visible Image one.

I know this is just right for Halle's theme 'A Stitch In Time' at Art Journal Journey.........
.......but I am also entering at:-

More Mixed Media - 'Anything Goes- optional purple'

The Artistic Stamper Creative challenge - 'Retro' 

Penny Black and More - 'Favourite stamps'  This is a new stamp but it is already one of my favourites - I do have a lot of favourites!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris



15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, lovely colours. Thanks so much for joining us at More Mixed Media blog, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

Lovely journal page. The addition of the scraps gives such great texture. Love it!

Meggymay said...

Thank you for linking your wonderful sewing themed journal page to Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey Chris.
Yvonne xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is gorgeous, Chris! I love how you used the singer receipt and some scraps of fabric! So creative and very beautiful! HUGS!!!

Kathleen said...

A lovely background and a super image, great colours and design. Thank you for joining our 'Favourite Stamp' challenge at Penny Black and More.

Kath x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm loving that new singer sewing machine stamp too Chris, there will be plenty of opportunity to use that one for sure. Beautiful layout for Halle's them and I love the lace addition and the text of the Creative Life stamp is so awesome.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

My name is Erika. said...

Love that new stamp Chris. ANd how perfect it works for AJJ also. This is another super page. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

I can see you've been indulging in new stamps Chris as I know these are newly released and what a superb job you have done showcasing them as well, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

A super page chris, so much to look at. Many thanks for joining us this month at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

nwilliams6 said...

I want that stamp - so cool and I love your addition of material to it. What a fabulous page and soooo well done. Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

*wow* this is a fascinating beautiful page!!
Have a good day, hugs Elke

Rita said...

I swear, you have the cutest stamps for any subject! ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea how I missed this, but I'm still in catch up mode. That lovely old sewing machine is out of this world, and the fabric scrap and lace made it not just come alive, it also made it feel interactive. This is perfect for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey, and I absolutely adore it.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, it's a great new stamp and I like the extra snippets you added.
Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Chris! Oh, I do love sewing themes and you've made quite a lovely page. That new machine stamp is fab and the way you have laid the lace down is genius. XOX