Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 28 June 2020

Cooling Off!

This time last year we were in France and in the middle of a heatwave, which we coped with quite well. The temperatures were in the high 30s to low 40s(Centigrade that is)
Last week the temperatures here were high 20s to low 30s but I felt washed out! Hardly sleeping until I started to doze while watching TV!
We had all of the doors and windows open but hardly a breath of air at times...and humid.... until we had rain yesterday and a thunderstorm - today I have been able to find the energy to craft.
I did sit in my craft room yesterday and sort out my scraps - you may remember a while ago I said I would go through and reduce them more. I didn't feel like making any junk journal pages but they are now more organised and at least another third gone! 

I found this star cut from music paper so cut another in brown paper(from a scrap box)and lots of others too. I also used the white margins from some book paper I have been using.
To start I stamped some Lavinia stars on the card using Dina Wakley gold paint. I looked in my paper doll box to find this young couple and put them on some book text ground. I also stamped the sentiment and mounted it. The stars were then arranged between them.

I am entering this at Simon Says Monday Challenge - Shoot For The Stars
and Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes

Next I made this tag - using a picture of a feather that I found.
I had a tag that was very bright turquoise so toned it down with Vintage Photo DI.
I mixed Grunge paste with Dina Wakley paint and used a TH stencil. Last of all came the lace and buttons.The lace had a smear of the paint too.

This is for Tag Tuesday - Feathers - Wendy's choice of theme.

Finally I have a journal page for Halle's theme - 'A Stitch In Time' at Art Journal Journey...no stitches, just a question about the passing of time!
The postcard is one from Crafty Individuals given to me when I bought some stamps at Happy Stampers a few years ago!I added an extra clock.
The folded receipt is from the last big shop we did before Lockdown, although there were some things we couldn't find that we got elsewhere! The piece of paper is covering some info! 
The months are rescued from an old calendar and the Dina Wakley stamp was bought on my last visit to a Craft shop, the day before our shopping trip!
The background is a combination of Distress inks and stencils with a pink edge drawn in with a Woody Pencil and brushed with a water brush.
It does seem so long since we last chose our own produce from the shelves!I'm not inclined to rush back though!!

I'll be back soon I hope,I don't want to talk too loudly, but I think my Mojo crept back in some time yesterday!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a plethora of wonderful art you have created, Chris. That tag is amazing. I love the FOUND feather. It's a gem.

Your Shoot for the stars is wonderful. I am glad you are using your scraps and this is a real beauty, since I suspect your scraps are much prettier than mine.

What a fabulous journal page, too. I remember you telling me about the postcards you get when you order certain things. This turned out great and the backdrop is beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Halle's theme. We are truly grateful.

My name is Erika. said...

I hope it cools off for you. But I a glad to hear your Mojo is back. Hopefully the heat won't send her too far off. And I love all the art. The stars are fantastic, and it's a nice page for Halle's challenge; thanks for joining in. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful art today. Thanks so much for making a tag for Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Have a great week, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Chris, your art creations look lovely, if you could give me a few tips about getting Miss Mojo back I really would appreciate it.
The journal page for Halle's theme at AJJ with the words is fantastic, we will all be missing a fair length of time this year.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Halle said...

Lovely artwork all around. I love that you used a gift in your art...perfect way to keep and remember they gift and the person who created it for you. LOVE
Thanks for linking up with A Stitch in Time!

WendyK said...

Some great art work, and thank you so much for making a tag for Tag Tuesday. A lot cooler today, I have a cardigan on in my studio, and no mojo what so ever.
Take care, Wendy

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmmm, when creativity and beauty strike! Great works!
Oh, I can send some cold temps over, only 17C here, brrr...

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are all beautiful works, I love how you designed them. I wish you a nice day, Elke

Eileen Bergen said...

Wonderful art, Chris. You certainly have been inspired. The page for Halle's challenge is very meaningful - like a time capsule. I love the feather tag and how you altered pieces to make it all go together. Your beautiful stars page really caught my eye. I've never trid a black background.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen