Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 June 2020

T Stands for Timed Visit Number 2

Hi everyone! We have been out again today but I haven't had time to look at the photos as my battery needed charging - I will show you next week! 
First though I have lots of photos of last weeks visit to another fairly local National Trust property!

We had to book in advance again - not the spontaneity that we usually have, but necessary to avoid the places being overcrowded!

I will mostly not add any words, as the beauty of Lyme park speaks for itself. 
The formal gardens that we usually enjoy were off limits but there are are lots of paths around the park and fabulous views.

There were a lot of people by the lake near the carpark and up near the folly so we walked around the back of the lake and headed up the hill!

 The cafe and shop are still closed in the woodyard



 Not a five legged sheep but a ewe and her lamb! She had been calling this lamb noisily for quite a while when it suddenly ran over the crest of the hill making a much noise at it could too!

 We did a bit of social distancing with the sheep!I could watch sheep all day...and we were in the shade!!

 I didn't take a photograph of the gate to the woods next to this wall but as we will come back and follow that route one day I will be able to show you then!
It was here that we first met anyone - a friendly couple were asking us if we knew where the woods led - we hadn't a clue!!!




 These are the sheep we passed on the other path earlier!

 Back to the carpark - ours is the grey car at the centre of this pic!
Once again our walk took around an hour! 
We'll be back to explore more paths that we have never walked on! 
 These last two were taken on the way out! I spotted a stag but it had gone by the time hubby stopped the car.
Here is my water bottle to join in with T Stands For Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover!






I am getting my craft room sorted but it's going v-e-r-y slowly!
I may have some pics next week!

I hope that you are all still keeping safe. Even though lots of restrictions are being lifted it will be a long time until we can call this pandemic over!

Thanks for looking and do take care! Chris

17 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

What lovely photos! That's a wonderful place to be able to visit, and it's such a relief to be able to get out and about safely. Cute pink water bottle :) Happy T Tuesday

kathyinozarks said...

Such a lovely place-I really enjoyed all the photos-especially the sheep. The young sheep must have wandered off to far and got lost-til he heard his mama.
Happy T wishes Kathy

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful post with all the beautiful photos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Like you, I apologize for visiting so late. My internet went out last night, then came back on again, only to go out a second time. It often happens when it rains, but it's been so dry here, I didn't realize it would be a problem.

Although you have shown us photos of this place before, it was like nothing I have seen in the past. I am sure this is a new experience to you, as the formal gardens are roped off and you must learn about new areas of this incredible park. I think you must have enjoyed it, if for no other reason than the sheep.

Thanks for taking us to Lyme Park and for the beautiful photos you shared. Having water with you was a must, after all that walking, too. Thanks for sharing it with us also for T this Tuesday.

Linda Kunsman said...

thank you for taking us along in this beautiful park. And I could watch the sheep- or cows or goats for that matter - for a long time:)
Nice that restrictions are lifting a bit - and in my area I can finally get a haircut as of this Friday-yay! But as you say, it still is far from over and getting normal again...
happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful place. You are lucky you have these places to go walk. It gives you some different views. There are places near me to walk but I hate to leave the dogs behind so I just walk on my road mostly. So I do enjoy walking with you. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Oh my! The landscapes are beautiful and so picturesque. It looks like the perfect place to walk and take in the scenery. These are the pictures that make me think of a scene from a Jane Austen novel. Beautiful countrysides to walk and get lost in. I am so glad that you shared.
Happy Tea DAy,
Kate

Valerie-Jael said...

You visited a wonderful place, so much to see and enjoy. Glad you were able to get out. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Great photos, the sheep certainly seem to be ignoring social distancing!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I looove sheep! Looks like you had a blast there, it´s so good to get outside!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh dear, I've fallen shockingly behind. There's just been so much going on - lockdown has been busier than normal life! So happy to see you are getting out into the natural world again. What a glorious day in a glorious place. Thank you for sharing the photos. And good luck with the ongoing craft sorting!
Alison x

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me on a walk through Lyme Park. What a lovely place. I enjoyed seeing the sheep and the views from the top. I love tracks without hedges, so the view is visible. The dry stone wall has its own beautfy. Lovely. It's like being back in England again.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

Another beautiful place to visit. So nice that they limit the number of visitors. :)

Mae Travels said...

Everywhere but here looks so tempting now. Although we know we are so lucky to have beautiful walking places -- like you -- it would be so great if we could just magically change places and see something new.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

FinnBadger said...

Just stopping by to let you know that, as a Brit living in the US, your blog name made me laugh when I saw it on your comment on CJ's blog.

You have some lovely stuff in your posts - like the seahorse :)

Meggymay said...

Sorry for the late visit Chris.
I enjoyed seeing your photos of the beautiful scenery you saw on your walk. Stay safe and very belated T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful place to visit! The countryside and views look amazing, I so enjoyed exploring with you 😀. Happy belated T Day wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x