Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 13 June 2020

Sweet Girl...

Hi everyone! Is anyone else in the mood for NOT going shopping on Monday! I never thought I would say this but I really don't want to go shopping. 
The only things we are buying at the moment are weekly groceries, a few craft supplies for me, books,and some DVDs for hubby. We did subscribe to Netflix, which we both are enjoying and a magazine site with access to craft mags(no unwanted stamps with those)as well as lots of others to interest us both!
I haven't been doing so much in the way of crafting but my craft room is having a thorough sort out!

I did make a journal page, prompted by finding a square of fabric to which I had sewn some lace and ribbon - can't remember what this was for but I cut in in half(I'll get two pages out of it then!)



I made a tip in page for my junk journal - I used part of my new butterfly stencil from Aall and Create onto an old ghost gelli print.
I toned down the lace with some green distress ink and added some stamping using my favourite Crafty Individuals background and an Aall and Create starry stamp.

The sweet girl is a download from Art Tea Life - I added some blue to her hair. I had a scrap of paper on my desk that I cut out some circles from. One was already stamped with the flower and I added stars to the other two.I echoed the star by stamping onto the fabric. 

The whole page was inked around the edge and I doodled in a wiggly line and some faux stitching on the circles and heart.

I am entering at Art Journal Journey and Halle's 'Stitch in Time ' theme.

I have lots of my Happy Bird Day mail art to show you, maybe in my next post!

We had a walk in one of my favourite gardens the other day - I'm saving the details for 'T stands for Tuesday' but here are some extras!




I wonder if you will guess where this is?

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Marjut said...

So beautiful girl!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is so adorable, Chris. I like how you used what you had, as well as your latest stencil. Your little girl is adorable, and the way you colored the lace made me smile. That's one of my tricks, too. This is a great addition to Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey, and I absolutely adore it. Thanks for your continued support of AJJ.

Your walk is wonderful and those irises are divine. Looks like van Gogh had been there!

DVArtist said...

This is a sweet girl. You did a wonderful job on the colors are fantastic. A very nice place for a walk. I too DO NOT want to go shopping. The tourists have come in droves and have no respect for covid and the people that live here in my town.

Rita said...

Aww! She is definitely a sweet girl.
I haven't been anywhere but to clinics. No idea how the shopping is, but I doubt I would be looking forward to it right now. Looks like walking outside is much more appealing. ;)

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely page, Chris. The little girl is adorable.

I have no idea where those gardens are. So I'll have to wait for the T-party.

Shopping is definitely not fun or relaxing anymore. Get in, get your stuff and get out as fast as you can.

Have a lovely Sunday. Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

This page is gorgeous Chris. I love the little lady. The stitching it a wonderful detail also. And I hope you survive your Monday shopping. Can't wait to see your photos for T. Thanks for sharing with AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Halle said...

What a sweet page! Love the layers you created. Thanks for linking up for A Stitch in Time!

Iris Flavia said...

The girl sure made me smile :-)
Why do you buy DVDs? We have to, cause we want to watch movies in the original (if English) as on TV everything is translated to German...

Lovely flowers! Will check the botanical garden here later :-)

Meggymay said...

Its an adorable sweet page Chis and i love that new stencil. Thank you for linking up to Halle's AJJ theme. I have resisted the butterfly stencil so far, but have to say I am waiting for a few products from that company to be delivered. Our shopping is all on line these days and I have no thoughts to get out any time soon as it would take to much organising with the family and the current restrictions to help out.
Stay safe
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, she is sweet - love that look on her face! Lovely coloring too. This page is wonderful and a delight to look at. Love your flowers too. Such a lovely post. Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Oh that's cute your journal art page! Beautifully designed. The flower photos are so pretty too!
Greetings Elke

Neet said...

Hands up - I have changed from a shopaholic into a stay at home bird. The more I see on tv about people going out shopping and not obeying the rules which are there to protect themselves and others the more I want to stay in my safe little bubble.
Love how the fabric has been used in this page/tip in and the girl from Art Tea Life is so sweet, she fits in perfectly.
Stay safe and well Chris
Hugs, Neet xx