Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 1 June 2020

Stitching - not stitching!!!

Hi everyone! It's a while since I managed to remember to start to prepare my pages for my calendar journal in time for the first of the month!

Yesterday I spent a short time in my craft room to start a background. I must have had Halle's new theme 'A Stitch in Time' for Art Journal Journey in my head somehow as I created a bright page this time, using very similar colours to Halle's first fabulous page.
 This is how this started...

I brayered on some Paper Artsy translucent paints and then brayered some Carabelle texture plates and used them as stamps.
This morning I added some random stamping and then the large sewing machine, both of these are in the Hochanda show tomorrow - the first one is at 7a.m.BST.There is a lot more to the stamp but I wiped off what I didn't want this time!
I also stamped some sewing accessories. I drew in some faux stitches around part of the page and then added some washi-tape patchwork, held together with more faux stitching.
I'm looking forward to brighter days this month!

Here is last Month's calendar page.
Not much happening but a few highs and lows throughout the month!

Details of the Hochanda shows - If you can't see them live you can watch on REWIND on their  website 

There is also an App to download onto your Smart phones

If you can get the TV programmes they are


Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

craftytrog said...

A fabulous June calendar Chris! Love the background! xx

Caty said...

OOhh your calendars are Wonderful Chris!! The June´s one is very happy, great stamps and flowers for Mays.
I wish you a great week and month, stay safe and
Big hugs, Caty

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Between you and Alison, you put my calendar to shame. This June calendar is fabulous. I love it. I plan to read your May calendar when I have a bit of time. Thanks for sharing this with us using Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey. So proud you are so supportive of AJJ.

BTW, I went to that rewind page and there are a gazillion posts, like one an hour. I have NO idea which is yours, dear.

Halle said...

Love that you were inspired to use this months theme for the background of your calendar. Awesome!

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful calendar layout Chris and the sewing related additions look fantastic, thank you for linking with Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Such a nice bright spread for June. Bright and cheery is what is needed right now. :) :)

My name is Erika. said...

This is a super calendar page for June Chris. I like the addition of the sewing machines and the little color blocks that look like quilt. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey Chris. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

May looks fab, and I love the sewing machines on June. Fun colors and cool blocks. Well done. Hugz

Neet said...

I like your new June page with the yellow and orange which I always think reminds me of sunny days and holidays.
Saying that Chris, I do like the May page with its blue tones and the lovely flowers. It has a very calming influence about it.
Good to see you are well even though you have had ups and downs. I think we all have been a bit up and down over the past months. Life is so strange at the moment isn't it.
Take care Chris
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...


Wonderful and Imaginative this calendar layout!
Greetings Elke