Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 19 June 2020

Be careful what you wish for!

Hi everyone! There has been a queue for the computer, hubby has been updating 'something' - I leave well alone and let him get on with it - the plus side is that I have a journal page for today and also for tomorrow!
As you can guess this started with a page I had used to clean my brayer! I did think about toning it down with gesso but I like these colours!
I stamped over parts with a row of stitches and thimble stamp and a sewing machine - both by Aall and Create's Bipasha. 
I had come across the cotton reel and scissors images in my scraps and the thread card was in a bag of ephemera scraps.
The clock is from a sheet of rice paper. 

I wasn't sure which paper doll I was going to use, perhaps a lady in a home made outfit, but then I saw this little girl with the bow in her hair! I wouldn't mind betting that this little girl loved ribbon and was always asking for new ribbon for her hair.....she wasn't imagining that her mother might use some leftover fabric from her dressmaking to make her this HUGE bow!
Are her siblings laughing at her as it wobbles on her head? I recognise this look from my youngest if he did something that amused the other two!

I am of course joining in with Halle's 'Stitch In Time' at Art Journal Journey!

Thanks for looking, Chris



  

10 comments:

Halle said...

This page is really wonderful. The colors are lovely and the imagery fits perfectly with A Stitch in Time!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful page! I love the colours and the layers of sewing bits and pieces that you used 😁. The stitching is perfect too! Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art page. I like the colors.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your colored background is very bright and cheery, but the stamps and the ephemera are what caught my eye for this spread. I like that you chose the little girl because she might like that bow, but her mother might have made that dress she's wearing, too. It's a beautiful entry and perfect for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is impressive and imaginative your journal page, I love these details brought together!
Have a beuatiful Day, Elke

Iris Flavia said...

That is wonderfully done and the story is supercute, too!

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Chris. Your are the queen of cool backgrounds. The little TH girl and the sewing sticks finish it off perfectly. That is a super page for HAlle's challenge. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

Cath Wilson said...

This is fab, Chris. Love that huge bow! I bet my granddaughter would snatch it up. She loves hair bands and stuff - I think they make her look like a Christmas tree decoration but that's just me, lol.
The sewing bits look wonderful. I love how you tied them in with the bow ;-)

Looks as if you've been out and about again, too. I bet it was good just to get out again and feel free. Gosh, it's so long since I just walked for pleasure. I do miss that ;-(

Have a great weekend!
Cath x

Meggymay said...

Chris it is a great background you used for the page. I love the images you used and the back story you shared, its a fantastic inspiring page for halle's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thank you for joining us all there.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Eileen Bergen said...

Wonderful page, Chris. The background works! I gues the solution i to use neutral elements for the page. I never thought of that. I always reach for the gesso - lol.

Your interpretation of "be careful what you wish for" is vey funny. I recoginize that look too. Hugs, Eileen