Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 6 June 2020

Crafting Together


Hi everyone! I hope all is well with you. We are getting through quite a lot of the little tasks we set ourselves at the start of lockdown! I don't think we are anywhere near the end yet but we will be ready for a little more freedom!

I had a lovely time on Friday morning having a video link playtime with my dear friend Sarah. I took a hint from lovely Alison Bomber of Words and Pictures who had a Skype session with friends, but we each chose three elements that we should include.

We planned using the same stamp set that we had just bought from Aall and Create - the new butterflies designed by Olga Heldwein.

We had a supply of..
Distress(any items we had)
Brusho
Black and white pens
a small amount of papers/ephemera from our stash,
a stencil 
and were allowed three colours of our own choice
plus the usual basic crafting supplies.


My three colours were - Picked Raspberry,Mustard seed and Peacock Feathers.

We were so busy chatting, and being interrupted by Sarah's adopted cat, although I think it is the cat that adopted Sarah, that I forgot to take any photos of the process!
 I had put ink on through a stencil but it was very bright in places so I used a stiff brush and put some Versafine black through that I had used for stamping.
You can see one of the butterflies I used from some cake cases that Sarah had told me about years ago from Sainsburys!I stamped part of a wing over to give it some texture!
Once I had stamped and fussy cut the butterfly I stamped a part of it  onto coloured paper and cut out the circle as well as some of the flowers to colour in.
I coloured in some more of the flowers and berries with water down DI
 The words were on a piece of book paper I had intended stamping on, but there were so many combinations of beautiful words I use some here and saved the page for future use!
I added some white spatters with a posca pen
We hadn't discussed a time limit so reached a point where we were reasonably happy.
After lunch I doodled with a black pen around the spatters and coloured a few more berries.

We had used pretty much the same supplies, Sarah chose her Distress using darker shades of the same colours Mermaid lagoon, Victorian Velvet and Scattered Straw I think, and used the other two wings from the set - now we need to use the other two ourselves...
Sarah sent me some photos via Whats App but I can't transfer them to my computer!!This is a screenshot. It was good to catch up and it put me in such a good mood I have got lots done since!

Thanks for looking, Chris





10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. Lovely piece, too. It's easy to transfer WhatsApp pics to the computer. You need to set up the web version on your computer, and then all correspondence and Photos can be sent and received to the computer. Then you just transfer them to your photo programme. You can also send pics from your computer to others this way. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It must be so much fun to craft with a friend. And as a bonus, you get a tone of stuff done afterward too. Very motivating. You created a beautiful piece, dear. I love the flowers within the butterfly.

Helen said...

I love the page you created, particularly the butterfly.

My name is Erika. said...

I just bought that stamp online and it arrived Friday. I have no time to play yet but seeing your gorgeous page is such inspiration Chris. Glad to hear you did a joint play session and also glad you are getting some things accomplished. I am ready to start tackling ore on my list. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Cath Wilson said...

Brilliant, Chris. Nice to see the contrasting styles, too. I've been seeing a lot of Sarah, lately - online! I don't think that's an easy image to work with but you did it great. Love the muted colours. Glad it did you good, too :-)
Cath x

Rita said...

How awesome to craft together over a video call!! What fun! You both made such gorgeous artwork, too. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Sounds like you had fun crafting with your friend and both of your creations are so beautiful 😁. The flower stamps and butterflies look so amazing - I love it! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

It sounds like you had a super crafting session, its a great journal page.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There's nothing like a crafty get together with a friend and just doing what you love, even in lockdown. I love Olga's butterfly stamp set, it's had much use over the past couple of weeks in my house. Love what you created with random flowers popping with colour and coordinating background, Sarah's creations are looking fabulous too. Hope you are keeping well & not worrying too much about those to do's on your list... I keep saying to myself I need to save something to fix, paint or restyle for Autumn time hee hee!
Take care Hugs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, what a lovely and productive time you had together. The butterfly rightly takes centre stage on both pages, but the swirls of colour and great patterns within the backgrounds bring them to life in very different ways. So pleased we provided a nudge of inspiration, and I’m only sorry I missed this at the time.
Alison x