Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 July 2022

Try It On Tuesday new theme

 Hi everyone, our theme this time at Try It On Tuesday is 'Make It Magical' - which gives us a great choice - I think you will agree if you take a look at our Design Team inspiration.


I used a mop up page as my base. I knew it was going to include Lavinia stamps - here is Giselle, she has found this old doorway (I had forgotten that it was a Lavinia stamp) and wanted to decorate it so, with the help two pixies she added some bare branches (it's actually a Christmas wreath stamp with berries already on it)and then magically made some beautiful blue and silver bubbles to add to it.

I drew in some 'grass' but then added some wild flowers by using the edges of some larger plant stamps.

The whole page was edged with a small additional berry stamp from the wreath set using silver ink.

Finally I added some spatters of watery silver paint.




I hope you can join us at TIOT this time - as usual the theme runs for two weeks. 

I am also entering this at Art Journal Journey and Wendy's 'Doors and/or Arches.

Thanks for looking, I won't be around for a few days so will be commenting when I get back!

Chris 

6 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous page! The way you layered together those stamps to create your scene is amazing, I love the doorway and the drawn grasses with the stamped flowers is perfect 😁. Such fabulous inspiration! I hope you're enjoying the sunshine. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You truly DID create a little magic. This turned out great. That silver really shows through and even the splatters sparkle. Thanks for also adding this to Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Helen said...

LOVE the background for your magical fairies Chris! Just beautiful! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

WendyK said...

Fabulous Chris and what a coincidence that I did nearly the same for the one I just put on. Not that I believe in fairie. Hugs Wendy.

Joan said...

It’s a fabulous page Chris, I love how you decorated the door

Joan x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous magical page Chris, the images are beautiful and I love how you used the selection of stamps.
Yvonne xx