Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 7 July 2022

ICADs and more of North Yorks

Hi everyone, after being so late to show last weeks ICADS here I am with week 5, completed on Tuesday

I am still using my black and white illustration from my old gardening books and including washi tape, this time I have used nmainly neutral colours and included a little bit of a French reference.






I have a few more photos of North Yorkshire
One day we went to Helmsley Walled Garden. Beautiful gardens, it was featured in the 2020 version of The Secret Garden film. It also had a great cafe AND we got in for half price(we didn't know that there was an offer on for RHS members on Wednesdays!)



We got a great view of Helmsley Castle, although we chose not to visit while there was scaffolding up for restoration work.










Insect heaven - most of the flowers along this wall were covered in this way












I could go on...........I loved this garden.
We had coffee and cake at The Vine House cafe - scone for me and treacle and ginger tart for hubby.
It kept us going for a while!

Thanks for looking, Chris















6 comments:

Helen said...

WOW!!! I love the garden too - all the gorgeous planting, the fantastic sculptures and the brick wall.... no wonder you loved it too. Great icads too. Went to Hampton Court Garden Festival today, which was exhausting!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, I love those ICADs. They are beautiful and still carry that wonderful floral theme. Just beautiful and it shows you don't need lots of color to make beautiful art.

This may be my favorite garden you have shared. It is beautiful. I love how parts of it are formal and parts are natural. I love the statues that are tucked in various places. Thanks for taking me along, Chris.

craftytrog said...

Glorious photos and another fabulous set of ICADs Chris!

Divers and Sundry said...

You got such great photos! There's obviously a lot of work that goes into planning and maintaining such an inviting space.

Rita said...

Pretty ICADs and gorgeous gardens! :)

My name is Erika. said...

Great ICADS Chris. And you found some beautiful places to walk on your trip north. The flowers are gorgeous. There are definitely way more beautiful botanical gardens to visit in England than here in New England. I’m glad you shared these as it’s great to travel from my couch. Happy Paris travels. Hugs Erika