Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 11 July 2022

T Stands for .......the trip to North Yorkshire

Hi everyone! 

I am continuing with some more photos of North Yorkshire.

My favourite day was when we went to Bempton Cliffs where I hoped we would see some Puffins.

The noise was incredible!


Looking across from one viewing platform to another


Yes! a Puffin!


Lots of Gannets feeding young birds
The Razor bill is very similar to the Puffin but has black legs and beak - when I looked through my binoculars I could see the serrated  beak
Hubby took the close upshots - just a bit too much of a challenge for my phone camera

The RSPB very kindly put up some Identification boards.


There were lots of chicks being fed.
Wearer hungry so went along the coast to Flamborough(more of that another time)
The cliffs were covered with sea birds




It was here where I had my favourite meal of the week too (although I did enjoy my fish and chips)
The North Star Hotel and restaurant.
We arrived towards the end of serving but the staff were so welcoming.
There were several veggie choices on the menu but as soon a I spotted the Nut Roast I just had to have it - to describe as delicious would be an understatement - hubby had a Hunters chicken and they brought us a dish with vegetable sea two kinds of potatoes.
I was quite satisfied by then, but hubby had spied the dessert trolley (haven't seen one of those for years!) He chose a huge meringue with cream and was then offered extra fruit
I chose a small fruit salad with a little single cream
Hubby had a Coke and I had Tonic water to drink and we also had a jug of iced water(not in sight)
It is here where I'll stop off to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth of The Altered Book Lover blog for T Stands For Tuesday where we are invited to share anything drink related.

We headed back to Bempton hoping to see more Puffins from one of the other viewing platforms
It was quite windy but sunny in the morning, when we went back it was overcast and cold and we decided (after a short walk) not to stay!

I will be linking on Monday evening but I'm not sure whether my phone will allow me to comment so I may not get to your blog until the weekend.

Having an early night ready for getting up in the morning and picking my GD up! 
See you soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Puffins are incredibly photogenic, and you did a great job getting beautiful shots of their colorful beaks and feet. I just love them! We saw several puffin colonies in Iceland, and one in Norway. Then we went on a bird watching day boat in Maine but the season was over and we saw exactly one puffin!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Oh wow what an awesome trip this was-gorgeous scenery and to see puffins-so fun Chris! and the food looks and sounds really delicious! Happy T hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I left a comment, but it went to spam. You are to send TWO ATCs with your napkins. Chris. More later.

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah for puffins. This looks like a fabulous place to visit. And it's so interesting we have the same birds here all the way across the pond. Well not in NH but if you go well up the coast of Maine into Canada. This looks like a fabulous trip Chris. Ruins, gardens and exciting birds too. Happy T day to you in Paris. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Those puffins are such striking birds! I can imagine the din of all those birds at once--LOL! :)

Darla said...

The birds are interesting and the whole area looks amazing. I have only heard the Puffin chatter on television and even then it was pretty amazing.

Deb Terry said...

Chris the views were spectacular! I'm so glad you got to see your Puffin! What a sight to behold!Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your trip to North Yorkshire and the cliffs was incredible. Looks like you got your wish to see puffins, along with lots of other birds, too. How nice there were boards to identify all the birds you shot that day. The cliffs were especially stunning.

What is a nut roast? According to the internet it is a vegetarian dish, so I am sure I would love it, too. Both desserts look good. According to Jan (Low carb blog), what you call single cream is half and half that I use in my coffee. Water with lemon is definitely the way to go.

Thanks for sharing your trip to Bempton Cliffs and the birds, as well as your incredible meal and waters with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Lisca said...

Wow, that was amazing! All those birds! And you got to see (and photograph) the puffins. Great shots!
Did I spy some dolphins in the water on one of the photos? You don't mention them...
Your lunch looks delish. I used to make nut loaf back in my vegetarian days. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And ohhh the dessert trolley. I don't know why restaurants have done away with those. Even if you are full, when they parade all that lusciousness before you, most people would order something.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

This is a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing the puffins. The meal looks so good. Enjoy your day.

Helen said...

looks like you had a great time, the cliffs and all the birds look incredible. I heard that some of the Scottish islands have had to stop visitors due to avian flu, so I hope it doesn't spread south. the meal looks fabulous - that meringue dessert is huge!

Divers and Sundry said...

Puffins! We love puffins. My youngest found that poem when he was little, and we've had a "thing" for puffins ever since. I have a link to 2 different live cams on my blog featuring puffins. Such fun to find you posting puffin photos here. How exciting to see them in person!

Happy T Tuesday!

Empire of the Cat said...

Lovely views and lovely weather Chris -so nice to see the puffins! I've had some good nut roasts and some disappointing ones. I'm glad yours was delicious, makes me want one now lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Kate Yetter said...

Wow, those cliffs are stunning! I loved seeing the variety of birds especially the puffins. I have never seen one in real life. They certainly are pretty.
Those desserts look yummy! I would want a taste of all as I have a major sweet tooth. So glad you shared.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

Trying again to leave a comment....
how beautiful is the scenery and cliffs. I envy you seeing the puffins in person too- such beautiful birds. Fantastic photos! Delicious looking food- and oh my, my hubby wouldn't pass up one of those desserts no matter how full he'd be:):) happy belated T Day!

craftytrog said...

Stunning photos of the birds and coastline Chris!