Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 March 2021

T stands for.....too late

 Hi everyone, I'm at the 'I can't believe how poorly I must have been because I feel SO much better now' stage! Thank you for all your good wishes.

I have a journal page for Sheila's 'A Single Flower' theme at Art Journal Journey.  and my first too late


 My woolly brain forgot to post this on St Patricks Day. 

The background was made with some spraying with Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays, which I also persuaded to drip down the page. I'm still getting used to these but I like them a lot and will be buying more!

I used ink through some Aall and Create and Dina Wakley stencils and I used black and white pens to draw some circles and scribble.

I stamped and fussy cut a Brigit Koopsen tulip, some Dina leaves and the scribbly bird.

The 'Irish Blessing' tissue quote is from a Dina set of tissue papers.

I also made a 'Things With Wings' tag for Tag Tuesday - but I see I am too late!(confusing as it's only 8.00pm on Monday here!)

I used an old Elusive Images stamp onto my tag and then stamped, coloured and fussy cut the butterfly again to get a flying butterfly

You may have seen that we managed to visit Dunham Massey - we still have to book own advance on line - not quiet the same as getting up on a nice day and saying 'Where shall we go?' but I think this is the way it will be for a while yet! It is one of the most local to where we live and it was great to get out and have a walk in the fresh air rather than around the roads near the Motorway.

We could see the daffodils in the gardens as we walked up to the gate

There really are hundreds throughout the gardens


I was pleased to see that one or two snowdrops were still flowering just a shame to be too late to see them all





Aconites or Celandines - not sure what to call these
I didn't expect to see Tulips in bloom...but there was...
...just one!
Mystified by the planting pattern here

I am always happy to see Pussy willow



Photo bombing hubby!
This poor tree seems to have had a bad Winter


You might remember seeing this field flooded - it looks as though the banks have been widened.

The cafe was open for takeaway coffee but we're sticking with homemade coffee from our flask at the moment - so I'll join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday with our view in the carpark and our coffee cups from home.
I think you can guess the owl mug is hubby's

I am also going to be arriving too late at some of your T posts from last week, I do apologise but time just ran out!

Thanks for looking, Chris

24 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The flowers blooming are a beautiful sight for eyes too tired of winter. We have traveled south, so we’re seeing more flowers now than last week.

be safe...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Kate Yetter said...

The flowers are beautiful! Your photos are lovely and it looks like Spring has visited.
Your journal page sure is lovely. I love the colors. So glad that you are feeling better.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

Love, love your journal page Chris!!! The background is super! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Beautiful garden walk photos, and I love that you take such nice mugs with you for your road trip drinks;) Happy T day!

Helen said...

Glad you are feeling better, and able to not only create art but get out and enjoy - well if not sunshine, fresh air!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good to read you are feeling better, dear. Your journal page is fabulous. The tulip is wonderful and I so enjoyed reading about those new sprays, too. This makes an excellent entry for Sheila's theme, too.

Loved the flowers. I'm a big daff fan and these are perfect. That poor tree. I hope they leave it so it can decay on its own and provide nutrients for new life. Guess time will tell.

It was great to see your mugs in the car at the car park. Yes, I could tell that owl was T's and yours had flowers all over it. Very appropriate, too, dear. Thanks for sharing your art, your time out and about, and your mugs of coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better- Wonderful photos, it looks so pretty. It's not to late to link at Tag Tuesday, I never close the challenges! So please link it! Love the beautiful, new journal page, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Dawn said...

You always find lovely places to photograph! Always wish I could come with you on one of your adventures out xx

Neet said...

Glad you are feeling better Chris, I hate to admit it but I had no idea you were so poorly. Hope you go from strength to strength. (My bff has pneumonia and shingles - she is in agony.) How do we catch these things when we are hardly in touch with anyone?
Love your journal page - what a gorgeous background you started off with, love the little bird.
When we can travel a bit further I hope we can visit DM as I do like there.
Thanks for the photos.
Get totally well.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear that you've been unwell, I hope that you're feeling better soon! Loving your post, it really made me smile ...your journal page is amazing with that layered background, pretty bird, little flower and fabulous quote 😀. Your tag is gorgeous too. So lovely to walk with you today and see all the spring flowers and views - love it! Take care and wishing you a happy T Day! Bagsy that adorable owl mug for my cuppa today ...ha,ha! Hugs, Jo x

sheila 77 said...

I'm glad you weren't too late for my AJJ challenge theme as I absolutely love your page with the scribbly bird and the pink tulip with these bright leaves. The background is stunning too. Thanks very much for another entry, it's terrific.
Yes, isn't it marvellous when you get better after not being well.
You've made a rather sweet tag too. I've never made a tag and I like this one.
I've been here quite a while as I came along on your walk twice. That is a marvellous place to walk and worth the drive. Everything is beginning to spring from the earth now, slowly but surely. I wonder what happened to that poor tree, the term "blasted oak" comes to mind. I liked seeing the river and the cottages too.

Iris Flavia said...

Such a happy post after all and great work.
Beautiful pics and awww... the mugs!
The left reminds me of my parent´s wedding plates and ... owl-lover :-)
Happy T-day!

J said...

Lovely to see the spring flowers Chris, I do miss the spring bulbs and pussy willow, I haven't seen that for years.
Pleased to hear you are feeling better and enjoying an outing, love the mugs you used.
Happy T Day
Jan S

My name is Erika. said...

It is good you are feeling better Chris. Better late than never with the page for Sheila's challenge. I like it, especially the quote. I haven't heard that blessing before. Your photos are beautiful. We are once again having reservations at some of our parks too. I am actually glad, even if does make it a lot less spontaneous. Better safe than sorry. I can see spring in your photos though. The mugs are both great too, and for me, I am partial to owls so your husband's caught my eye. Hope you stay healthy and are having a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

The gardens are lovely. It's a treat to see the beginnings of spring. Happy T Tuesday!

LA Paylor said...

no flowers here, just piles of snow. Your pics are so pretty

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page and tag Chris, and Dunham Massey looks wonderful.
Hoping to get to some of our nearby NT gardens soon when my shielding finishes.
We unfortunately joined English Heritage at the beginning of last year, and didn't manage a single visit!
Happy T-Day,
Alison xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for linking your lovely tag to TT, it's never too spate! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

I am sooo glad to hear you are feeling so much better!
Lovely page and tag. Spring is everywhere your way. Enjoy!! :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a sweet page and tag, Chris. I'm happy to read Valerie say the challenges never close, that's music to my always-behind ears, haha uh-oh. So happy to hear you are better now, too. Honey and I are down with our allergies and they always make my arthritises flare up. I'm staying permanently woolly, I fear! LOL And I hate to bring this up, but I guess it's good you've gotten out because all we hear in the states is there's a surge of new cases in Europe, France is on Lockdown, UK must be next, etc. Godspeed and prayers for that not to happen. xoxo

Annie said...

Such a beautiful area for an enjoyable walk. I’ve enjoyed walking along with you.
A delightful art journal page! I love that sweet sketchy bird. He’s enjoying the signs of Spring while not even realizing he also is a sign of Spring. The lone tulip is so pretty and perfect for the theme. I like how you’ve done the leaves. All on a really great background.

DVArtist said...

Oh the photos are lovely. Glad spring is in the air for you.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page and sweet tag. I like how the colors of the butterfly really pop on the grey background. Such a lovely place to walk. Wow, so many daffodils! And pussy willows! I never knew they grew on a tree, I thought they grew like a bush, like forsythia. Glad you are feeling better. Happy T Day

Sharon Madson said...

I am glad you are feeling better. A beautiful Spring post. Happy belated T day!

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty AJ page - another totally fabulous background and lovely flower!!! Your tag is lovely too. GREAT pictures. Glad you are feeling better. So nice to be catching up with you this morning while drinking my coffee. Lovely stuff here, Chris. Hugz