Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Hello Spring at TIOT!

At last we are getting some Spring weather which means that we can say 'Hello Spring' at  Try It On Tuesday. The Design Team all have different ways of saying their 'Hellos' so do take a look here.

I made a journal page after visiting one of our favourite gardens and I got to see my first Iris of the year.

We missed the Iris season last year and by the time Lockdown was over they had all died off.


I used some sprays and some stencils by Aall and Create as a background for Francoise Read's Iris stamps for Woodware. I stamped and fussy cut some hexagons and punched some others.

Here is the Iris clump I found flowering at Fletcher Moss. You can see more on my blogpost later today.


Thees are only miniature Iris, we will be going to Styal Mill next moth to see the larger varieties.

I hope you will enjoy bring some Spring to your art and join us here at TIOT. As usual the challenge runs for two weeks.

I am also joining Art Journal Journey and Sheila's 'A Single Flower' theme

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Helen said...

What a fantastic Spring page dedicated to one of my favourite flowers as well! LOVE that Iris stamp!!! Have a super start to Spring! ((HUGS)) Helen

Iris Flavia said...

Sunny and warm here, too, flowers all around. Love your page. Yay for spring!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic spring page, and a gorgeous photo. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Iris' are a favorite of mine. This page is beautiful and it feels very much like a New Hampshire spring. I love all the stamped images in the background and the paint layering. Have fun when you get to go see all the big irises but the small ones are still beautiful. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Spring is definitely there where you are. That's a good lift to the spirits when one see the flowers blooming. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful spring page! I love Iris too, they are my mum's favourite flower and I always buy them for her this time of year 😁. I'll have to see if that stamp is still available. Wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris!
I'm looking forward to our irises flowering in the front garden 😊
Alison xx

Annie said...

Iris’ are such a fancy gorgeous flower. They are my favorite. That Iris stamp is awesome and really lends itself well to be fussy cut. I always love when a stamp works well in more than one way. Your page background looks like it was a lot of fun to create. The Iris stands out so well yet blends just as well. It’s fun to discover all the details you’ve included on this page.

Meggymay said...

Lovely to see the photos of the irises, you created a beautiful springtime page Chris. The stamps you used look lovely.
Enjoy your spring visits.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

This journal page is really complex with all the stamping in the background. I can even see a postmarking stamp.
The stamped iris is really beautiful as are the real irises in your photograph.
Thanks very much Chris for all your single flowers for our challenge themes AJJ.

nwilliams6 said...

Totally gorgeous page, Chris. The flower is beautiful and that supporting background is wonderful!!!! Wow. So lovely!!! Hugz

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, I love the Iris image you used, it really pops against your background, and it's nice that you included a picture of the flowering iris.
Have a lovely weekend, Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful page, Chris, just lovely for Spring. xoxo

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I love that stamp it's one of my favourites. Beautiful page Chris, full of the love for spring. Here's hoping it warms up soon so we can all enjoy it.
Hugs Tracey xx