Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 20 March 2021

A Flower for Wanderlust

Hi everyone, I sorry to be so far behind with catching up with your blogs..no excuses...just life happening at a pace!

We completed our latest Wanderlust class during the week but not managed to post it anywhere until now! 

We were shown how to add a pocket and tags to our journal page amongst other things - we latched onto the pocket but changed a few things along the way to completing our pages!

Having decided to make a double page spread again it doesn't look much like the single page by Kiala Givehand. It did give me a chance to use the photograph of one of the remaining snowdrops at Dunham Massey the other day and I opted for Spring colours for my page.
 
My pocket was made from some paper you may have seen on my desk the other day! I stamped part of a Crafty Individuals row of trees on my pocket.
 
I had intended writing 'Spring' but this one literally fell out of my scrap bag while looking for something else!

I am entering at Art Journal Journey and Sheila's 'A Single Flower' theme.

Hubby stayed with his natural world kind of page...

...and used, wait for it, some stencils he  bought for his own use!! The paper for his pocket is part of a page from some designer paper of mine - he spotted the owl and nabbed it! 
He did write his own word!

With a whole range of paints out we chose similar colours - must have been going foe our lovely walk that did it!

Here are some of hubby's photos


Another face???



Hubby's zoom comes in handy! 

I'll show you the ones I took on my phone on Tuesday!

Thanks for looking, Chris



11 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful pages-I have been wanting to search out how to make pockets for my pen pal letters-thought it would be a nice way to save them-in a journal.
looks like spring where you are-no flowers here yet-Happy Spring Kathy

sheila 77 said...

These are fun pockets. I like the strips peeking out of the left hand one with the lovely trees and the snowdrop is pretty on its pocket. How funny about the word "Spring" jumping out; sometimes our art materials do that (the pens did it sort of thing). The word does look very stylish.
Is your husband joining in with Wanderlust too? That must be fun doing it together - and you can borrow his stencils. Nabbing your owl....hmmm!
His two pages are extremely attractive with the owl theme and great photos too.
Thanks very much for the snowdrop pocket and page for our AJJ challenge.

My name is Erika. said...

Always fun to see you and your husband's pages. I was telling my husband about that today. Trying to get him to give it a try. It didn't work for me, so enjoy your "group" craft time. Your pages are great. And I love seeing the walk photos. You have real spring with plants greening up. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Chris. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Love your pages and the pockets-idea is wonderful. And ohhh.... daffodils and wildlife.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal pages from both of you and great photos from Hubby. I can't do without zoom, either! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Both of your pages are lovely. He certainly has a great eye for detail in the photo-taking. I also enjoyed the ones with you and son #3 the other day. Hoping you are feeling chipper xoxo

Elkes Lebensglück said...

So beautiful spring in your journal page! Your husband's page is also very beautiful with the owl.
The photos are great a nice visit there with the tree face!
Have a good day, hug Elke

craftytrog said...

Two wonderful pages from you both! I think I'm going to have to carve a 'soar' stamp like Hubby's hand-written one.
Lovely photos too!
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, Chris. I love both yours and T's pockets. It's been a long time since I have added a pocket to my journal pages. I really LOVE the flower, taken with your own camera, you included for Sheila's theme at Art Journal Journey. And, T's photos are stunning. Spring has definitely arrived where you live. And that buck is truly awesome. T has a great eye for photography.

Neet said...

Lovely photographs, I do like daffodils, and what a delightful journal page you made. I like the idea of putting pockets on your journal page - it would be a great way to add some ephemera papers you had but couldn't fit actually on the page. Love the lone snowdrop.
Hugs Neet xx

nwilliams6 said...

Great idea to do pockets. Love the way you and your hubby went in different directions - so interesting to see. More super pictures - I love seeing what is going on in your part of the world! Hugz