Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 9 March 2021

T Stands for - The Big Loss...

By now most of you will have read of the sad news about our dear friend Eileen.

I do have some of Eileen's art but as it is out of my reach I may not be able to show it! Of course, many of us received one of her lovely ATCs with the poem that Elizabeth shows today!

Eileen was always supportive and we occasionally e-mailed each other as well as swapping bits and pieces.

She had started the Wanderlust classes but sadly not able to keep up when she was feeling so poorly but was confident that she would catch up. Sadly that won't happen, but every page I make from now on will remind me of her.

Eileen used to enjoy seeing photos of the gardens we used to visit so here are a few from our first walk of the year at Fletcher Moss this morning.

We had a couple of errands to do so carried on to the park for a very quick walk as I wasn't up to walking far!





I think Eileen would have enjoyed seeing the Spring flowers.


My T Stands for Tuesday drink this week is the coffee that accompanied the naughty but nice Almond Croissant last week.

As you can see we shared one here and the other one in the pack another day!

I am of course linking this post to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog - The Altered Book Lover.


Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your flowers are spectacular. We are just starting to see a few of the earliest ones, and we also still have quite a number of big piles of snow in places. Do you have aubretia? I saw it the one time I spent the spring in England (Cambridge) -- it doesn't like our climate here.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I didn't even think about the class both you and Eileen were working through. It's sad she will never be able to complete it, but when you think of her it keeps her art alive in a way. The spring flowers in the photos are gorgeous. How nice to see them out and around. We still have some snow and mud and icy spots. But better days are coming. Your naughty croissant looks delicious. I guess with life being short we all need to cheat every once and awhile, especially if you make up for it someplace else. I hope it was a wonderful T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a loving tribute to Eileen. I know she would have appreciated the beautiful spring flowers and walks you and your husband take. I never thought of the Wanderlust classes you three participated in. So sad she won't be able to finish. I know you will do so and think of her often when you do. I also know she would have loved the naughty croissant, but she would have preferred diet Pepsi or wine to coffee. Thanks for sharing this loving tribute to Eileen, along with your croissant and coffees with us for T this Tuesday.

J said...

That’s one thing I miss living in Spain, spring bulbs, I planted a hundred when we moved in and not one grew, too hot I’m guessing.
Such sad news about Eileen, I didn’t know her only through T day but I loved reading her blog posts, her artwork was amazing.
Take care
jan S

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, such sad news about Eileen. Glad and reassuring to read about her friends on so many blogs.
Oh, flowers slowly start blooming here, too, finally!

kathyinozarks said...

So many of us have beautiful memories of our friend Eileen, Yes she would have loved seeing the spring flowers. No flowers here as of yet but we are warming up this week.
enjoy your week hugs

DVArtist said...

Beautiful photos of your walk. We will all miss Eileen.

Linda Kunsman said...

Sorry I'm late for T Day. Still having a tough time grasping Eileen's sudden passing. Yes, she would have loved these beautiful gardens and I do too.

An almond croissant- SO yummy, especially when in France n'est-ce pas?

Wishing you a good week ahead- and warm weather to enjoy the outdoors!

Rita said...

Eileen sounds like a really nice woman. Sounds like she will be missed. The flowers are lovely. Snowing here right now.