Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 12 March 2021

A Single Rose

Hi everyone, I can't say I feel a great deal better yet but at least now I am on a course of antibiotics that MAY help. 

I'm glad I had a few pages in reserve for Sheila's 'A Single Flower' theme at Art Journal Journey. Everything I have done lately either needs 'fixing' or throwing in the bin!


I used my journal with different colour pages - pink seemed to suit this one so I added a gelli print made a while ago along with some gessoed book paper. The rose, an old Elusive Image stamp was fussy cut and mounted on a piece of white corrugated card. The rose was stamped up with pink and green distress ink. I added some lace and cheesecloth.

The paper doll pair look as though they are attending a wedding - they don't often dress so smartly so they have to stand and pose for their proud parents.

I am also entering at -

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use Something Green

Simon Says Stamp Blog - Wednesday Challenge - A Bit O'Green

Thanks for looking, Chris

 

14 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty page! I love the vintage look and feel with the soft colours, paper peices and lace, and the rose is gorgeous 😁. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Your pages are always lovely and I enjoy seeing them. Hope you feel better soon-hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the vintage feel to this page. The layering was perfect and the paper dolls were charming. I have two sets of the paper dolls and have never seen these. They must be new. Thanks for another beautiful entry at Art Journal Journey using Sheila's theme, dear friend.

sheila 77 said...

This has a lovely peaceful look and I love the way you have layered the individual pieces.
The soft pink tan colours are gorgeous and even the background you've laid your book on is the same shade. It’s such a calm collage with the lace, the print, the well-behaved children and of course the rose.
Thanks very much, Chris, for this lovely Single Flower for our challenge at AJJ, and I hope you feel a lot better soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page! Sorry you aren't feeling well! Get better soon. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear you still aren't back to your old self Chris. Hope those antibiotics work quickly. This is such a pretty vintage page. That old fashioned pink is just right too. You added so many nice texture details too. Take care. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is a beautiful journal page, I love this romantic art of yours!
Get well soon, hug Elke

Rita said...

Well, this one doesn't need fixing or throwing in the bin!
Hope you feel better soon and the antibiotics help. I know what it is like to be feeling cruddy all the time and it sucks. :)

Rita said...

Perfect journal page Chris. I really need to try and get my journals filled. Hope you are both well. Hugs Rita xxx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris!
Hope you're feeling better today.
Take care,
Alison xx

sirkkis said...

A lovely page with peaceful memories and a beautiful Rose. The quote match perfectly your illustration, Chris.
Have inspiring time, and be in safe hands xx

Annie said...

Such a sweet art page. The background papers and lace are wonderfully soft textures that blend so nicely with the soft colors, the lovely flower and the young children.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Chris, I sure hope you get to feeling better! Your page is gorgeously vintage. Can't possibly go wrong with that and you have a real knack with it. I've been ailing myself, allergies on top of my neck pain and intestinal tract bloating, ugh. When the gut feels bad, I'm just not my old self. Happy Sunday, I'm off to see more...xoxo

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous flower, lovely look and feel, super texture, and GREAT inspiring words - what more could you want on an AJ page? Super pretty, Chris. I am glad to know you are better as I am catching up backwards! LOL! Hugz