Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 16 March 2021

T Stands for ...The Great Escape...

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to tell you that the antibiotics seem to be doing their job and I've been feeling a little bit better over the last couple of days.

I'm still pottering along with some easy pages. Here's someone you may have met before..


  Yes it's Lynne Perella's Tea Cup Lady from one of my Paper Artsy sets. 

I stuck a flower in her cup - I used some stamps and stencils(Ooh! stencils - see my previous post here) to make a background and cut into an Aall and Create die cut to partially frame her!

The flower is from a set I bought in France a few years ago.

This page is of course for Sheila's 'A Single Flower' theme at Art Journal Journey.

Now, onto the escape mentioned in my title.

As you know we went out last week and finished up at Fletcher Moss...but I didn't tell you that we had also met up with Joe, son number 3 at Wythenshaw Park a few days before.

It was rather a strange outing as only two people were allowed to meet up at that stage so hubby took all of the photos while my son and I walked and talked (no sitting to drink coffee allowed)


 Hubby was quite a distance away and if I had known he was taking this photo I would have given you a smile!

It was quite nippy and holding onto our cups kept our hands warm. I have to confess to wearing this coat that is now a couple of sizes too big(I must at least alter the buttons before I go out in it again!)

We spent a lot of our time talking about food - he is an excellent cook and it's great to swap ideas.

We walked past the newly restored Hall


  

The trees are getting small buds


Is it just me or is there face in this stump?

Hubby and I will be back soon to see these in full bloom.

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday. I had another photo ready but as you see I didn't need it!


Here are a few more of the photos I took at Fletcher Moss.

The volunteer gardeners have been clearing the pond that had to be left last year





The benches have been moved away from the cafe area - I hope they bring them back!

We think we might like to get a takeaway sometime!

We noticed these on the wall by the car just as we were leaving!

Have a safe week, we are getting closer to the end of restrictions and Spring to look forward to!

Thanks for looking, Chris






21 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous journal page Chris and I do think she looks super with the flower in her hair.
Lovely photos and I think I can see two faces in that tree stump!
Have a great week, Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Wonderful signs of spring, and yes! I'm looking forward to being able to sit down someplace fun with my coffee :) Happy T Tuesday!

Karen said...

Great journal page ~ Looks like a nice visit with your son :) So many happy flower bulbs peeking up too ~ Enjoy your week

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful photos of the moss and newly restored hall. I would love a look inside. We don't have many buildings in that style here in the USA. Sigh. I wish we did as they are timeless.
I LOVE that image of the lady with the tea cup. One of my favorite. Glad that you are feeling a bit better.
Gorgeous crocuses.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

sheila 77 said...

The lady looks very happy to be wearing her flower hat and she is definitely happy with the marvellous background.
I enjoyed the trip round the gardens, everything sort of ready to burst out with the first glimpse of sun. What a lovely area to walk round with your son and your husband and camera (at a distance).
Thanks very much for joining in with our challenge at AJJ - for the fifth time! - and I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mae Travels said...

Your photos of beautiful wooded areas and gardens are always a pleasure to see. I wish we had spring starting this early. It's very cold here again.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Chris. Beautiful single flower page for AJJ- and I love that touch of sass with the red lipstick:)
Lovely photos of your walk with your son and hubby. Happy T day!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful journal page with the women and flower!
It's great to meet your son in this beautiful place. You brought us great photos and the daffodils will soon be in bloom, and I haven't seen them yet. HUg Elke

Helen said...

great photos - I can't wait to get back to Kew when I'm allowed to go that far! Great that you were able to catch up with your son too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! So lovely to see spring is on its way whilst out walking with you today 😁. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your son too - perfect! Take care and wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How lovely to see the beautiful teacup woman with a flower in her cup. She's always a favorite. It's also a great entry for Sheila's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. I loved the feel to this one, too.

So glad you and your son got to share time together. So glad you got to share coffee together, too. And of course, your walk took you past many beautiful areas, too. Thanks for sharing your art and your walk with your son, while drinking coffee for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

My name is Erika. said...

I do like your page and the flower in the teacup. It is beautiful Chris. I like that photo of you and your son. You are really into talking about something. Nice you got to see him. And nice to see you also do have spring. Those early flowers are exciting to see. It looks like a great walk. Hope it was a great T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Ahhh you look beautiful. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Love the photos. Thank you for sharing.

Darla said...

Your page is quite pretty and sounds like it fits the theme of the challenge perfectly. It is so nice to start to be able to connect with family and friends in person - even at a distance. You had a wonderful place for your meet up and your walk. I enjoyed the nature pictures.

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a beautiful place you visited Chris! Here you are not allowed to sit anywhere either, but most people don't seem to be able to read the signs! Glad yo are feeling better, and thanks again for the beautiful card. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

J said...

Chris the gardens look lovely, a lovely place for a walk with your son. Looks a great place to have a takeaway and some delicious things on the menu,Pleased to hear your are feeling better too.
Our eldest lived in wyhenshaw for a short time when he first left home , not sure if it’s the same place near Manchester,
Have a good week
Jan S

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos and your page is beautiful Chris!
Glad you're feeling better,
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

How nice that you got to visit with your son. The park looks like a lovely place to walk around. So nice to see the green grass instead of snow. I saw two faces in the stump. One inside the other. The outer face looks like George Washington to me. The inner face, look where the 4 vertical lines are, looks like Voldemort. So glad to hear the medication is working and you're feeling better. Take care and Happy T Day

Rita said...

So glad you're feeling better and had a lovely walk with your son. :)
Another pretty page, too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Just can't stay away from your pots, Chris. I've read this one once but now I'm commenting. Yes, there's a profile of George Washington on that stump, lol. Looks just like him to me. I should thank Cromwell for causing my Hatcher ancestor to leave Lincolnshire for the Virginia Colony back in the 1600's. Are those crocuses and daffodils, they look lovely. Hope your health is continuing to improve! xoxo

nwilliams6 said...

Your journal page is wonderful! Love it and love her flower!!! Very cool pictures - my favorite one is of you! So fun to see you talking! Super post. Hugz