Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 10 February 2023

Getting A Red Card!

No, I haven't been misbehaving, I've just got a new page for Erika's 'Seeing Red' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I bought this postcard on one of my first trips to Paris many years ago. I bought other coloured cards at the same time - one of them was put into a frame last year and is on our living room wall.

The background was made by using a large Carabelle Studio stamp, some Aall and Create, Tracy Evans letters and Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink. I added some stencilling too(forgotten which orange it was!) I mounted the card onto some black paper which had some eyelash thread, which I came across during my big tidy, behind it.

I added some Lavinia seedheads using Rustic Wilderness Oxide ink. 

I don't use much red , but must say I am enjoying this theme! Thanks Erika!

Thanks for looking, Chris 


4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a way to display that card. I love the background you created and that card is really beautiful. It really stands out with the black matte and eyelash fiber. Reminds me I haven't used any of my fibers in a LONG time. Thanks for this incredible journal page using Erika's theme at AJJ, dear Chris.

My name is Erika. said...

What a cool postcard Chris. And a cool background too. Together they work really well and one of the best things is there is so much red but none of it is overpowering. I really like this page, and your great idea. What color card is framed in your living room? Thanks for sharing this amazing page with us at AJJ. It is much appreciated. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piee, Chris, love the red fish swimming in the middle! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That are so beautiful!Gorgeous page!!!
Hug, Elke