Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 1 February 2023

AJJ is Seeing Red

 Hi everyone, its February already, January passed all too quickly. 

Mia inspired us all at Art Journal Journey last month and now Erika is taking over as our host this month. She has chosen the theme of 'SEEING RED' which will brighten the February days for sure.

Red is a colour that I don't use nearly enough and as Erika says, all shades of red are acceptable - not that I have plans on using sugar mouse pink (or do I?)

It won't be this time though!

I used a large Carabelle Studio stamp designed by Birgit Koopsen which I stamped onto a page sprinkled with Brushos. I added a border on each side but then didn't like it so used the Brushos to colour some book paper which I tore up and added to the bottom side and a little over the top of the page. I stamped parts of the stamp over the paper pieces and used some Tin Holtz words at the top.

Please take a look at the Art Journal Journey rules - here

We are a journal blog so no cards please.

I hope that you will join us with your touch of red...or will it be a huge splash of red?

Thanks for looking, Chris





9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have definitely given us a splash of bright red. I like the border you chose and of course, the flowers. I really like that you gave the journal page attitude and called it vivid and flamboyant, which it is. This is a marvelous first entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Your page is so beautiful Chris-I love it
hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great page Chris. I love it. It makes me think of spring and Valentine's Day, and I love how you used red. I hope you don't find this month too scary, but I know it will be a challenge for me also. But hopefully it will be fun too. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

A nice shock of red to jolt us out of the bleak Winter. Added bonus tulips for Spring. Have a great day

Valerie-Jael said...

Your page is gorgeous Chris, love those beautiful tulips! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Oh Chris, your page has made me long for Spring to arrive in full swing and my tulips to come up and brighten the days with their lovely splash of red.
What a great idea to use your Brusho's - I will steal that idea later in the month if you don't mind. A great effect and I do love the torn pieces of paper down the side.
A great page again
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! I love those tulips.
Hope you're having a good week.
Alison x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is a wonderfully journal page about red!!!! I like the tulips and it reminds me that spring is coming soon!!!
Have a beautiful Week, hug Elke

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow, Chris! Your page is absolutely gorgeous. I love all of your shades of red, your background, and tulips!! They are whimsical and so beautiful. And I love the sentiment, too! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog, too! Hugs, Sharon