Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 13 December 2022

T Stands for Taking (another) Trip to Paris

Hi everyone, you may already know this but if you don't, the reason I missed T Day last week was because I was in Paris. Hubby treated me to a few days to see the lights and markets of Paris as an early birthday treat. My birthday was actually yesterday but he chose that weekend because it was free Museum Sunday!

It was very cold in Paris and has been here since we got back last Wednesday.

As I am here for T Stands for Tuesday over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover I can show you the rather decadent cake I had at Samaraitaine.  

It is a Pistachio Paris Brest - a choux pastry coated in pistachio nuts with some very pretty additions - we both had the same to eat and hubby had a Cappuccino while I had an Americano with cold milk on the side.

I was rather surprised when the waiter said he remembered me coming in with my granddaughter in the Summer. He even remembered that I had told him that hubby was a Manchester City supporter. I actually think it was my granddaughter he remembered!

The Christmas lights in Samaritaine were outstanding.










Reflection in the roof windows


Their own Advent calendar, we passed when we spotted the price!



The day before had walked through the Jardins de Luxembourg
...where as well as the lovely colours, there was a charity telethon taking place ( we had seen some special programmes on French TV including a wonderful special performance of Giselle the ballet)


We watched as these stilt walkers got ready while the dancing was taking place




After it got dark we walked through one of the lovely passages




 









It looks as though blogger has decide on the order of my photos..again!

Finally we walked through one of the many Christmas markets around the Paris area
This one is near St Germain church.

I'll show more next week - the lights are amazing.

Thanks for looking, Chris








16 comments:

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me to Paris once again. How lovely. And that department store looked very posh.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous birthday suprise and a great present from your hubby! Paris is such a beautiful place and with the Christmas lights and decorations it looks extra special 😊. I'm glad you both had a wonderful time! Sending you Happy Birthday and T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Wow excellent birthday gift!! Looks like a magical place during Christmas time-I enjoyed all of the photos too thanks for sharing-hugs and Happy T
Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Wow. You have even more lovely photos to share today. I love seeing the holiday lights and decorations. They are beautiful. Your pistachio Paris Brest looks so delicious too, and quite pretty. I hope you had a great T day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday! Your birthday cake looks amazing. How cool that the waiter remembered you and your granddaughter. The decorations and the lights certainly put one in the holiday spirit. Happy T Day

DVArtist said...

Well you are so lucky to have such a birthday. Each and ever photo is just gorgeous. I love the outdoor intertainment. Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip. Have a lovely evening.

Rita said...

Happy birthday! What a perfect present for you. :)

Helen said...

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday, and your cake looks beautiful, I am sure it tasted wonderful. the store looks amazing decorated for Christmas. Have a good week.

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, how wonderful! I can't imagine a better birthday present :) Happy T Day

ashok said...

Wonderful pictures...Christmas festivities are so much fun

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of wonderful photoss, Chris, glad you enjoyed your winter trip to Paris. Hugs, Valerie

Kate Yetter said...

Stunning! I am off to look up this store. Their displays and the wallpaper is amazing. So much character and inspiration.
Looks like a fabulous way to spend a birthday.
Happy Belated Tea Day, Chris.
Kate

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris! Paris at Christmas time! I can only imagine how lovely that must have been in person! And that cake looks amazing! I do apologize for my tardiness! I have a doctor's note though! I swear.. not 5 minutes after i linked up to T hubby walks in the door and says, 'We need to go to the hospital'.. sigh.. He had tried to cut his fingers off with a power tool! So several hours, 12 stitches, and one broken finger later he's doing okay... Happy Belated T day! Thank you for taking me to Paris .. AGAIN..lol Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have your birthday written in my claedar and failed to tell you happy birthday. I may have been sewing your tip-in about the time I should have been wishing you a lovely day.

What, 104 euros are too much for an advent calendar? After all, it's 30 % off (the only thing I could actually read). That department store knows how to put on the glitz. It's amazing. I wasn't necessarily fond of those men's shoes, though.

I bet you also enjoyed the Christmas Markets. That would be a sight to see.

But your cake from Samaraitaine's looked incredible. And I laughed at the waiter remembering your granddaughter (and you). Thanks for sharing your visit to Samaraitaine, the Christmas Markets, the street musicians and performers, and your cake and coffees with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Empire of the Cat said...

What a wonderful place to spend your birthday - Happy Birthday! I saw some of your photos on insta, it all looked so magical. Sorry for my lateness, have a sick kitty. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous photos.
Avril xx