Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 28 December 2022

Bird watching!

 Hi everyone, I have another journal page for Jo's AJJ theme - 'Snowy Winter'

We haven't had much snow yet this year(not that I want it) but seeing all of the dreadful weather conditions in the USA have me thinking about those of you with power cuts and restrictions on travel, not to mention the freezing temps! I hope everyone is OK. I have read one or two posts and it seems pretty grim!

My page has a blackbird helping himself to some berries in the snow. We have some hedges around with berries on and we love to see the blackbirds hopping along the hedges.

My main image came from a calendar. I cut around it and added it to a black page which I had painted with mica paint. The border is made with some new washi tape.

I stamped some pine leaves along the bottom and wrote some words from a favourite carol using a white pen and aded some peel off stars.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, one of my sons and grandson came for Christmas Day.(My granddaughter is in Australia, with her other grandmother) 

Our family day has had to be postponed until next week as the hosts came down with a bug!

I've been quite pleased with our Christmas lights this year - supplemented by the lights outside in the communal garden. 


Hoping I can remedy the commenting now I have remembered to charge my Tablet.

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Helen said...

Great journal page, Chris. Love your lights, too. There are so many people have had bugs over Christmas. Hope your delayed family day goes well, eventually!

Rita said...

I hope everyone is okay over here in the US, too. Been terrible out east.
Love your lights and the cute page. Happy New Year, Chris! :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Very nice journal page and such a beautiful Christmas tree with all the lights!
good after partying with your family! Happy New Year! Hugs, Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving how you created this with the pretty blackbird calendar image and the wording is perfect too 😊. I so enjoyed seeing your Christmas light display - fabulous! Thanks so much for joining me at AJJ and enjoy the rest of your week! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a lovely page Chris. I love the blackbird in the hedge, and I think stamping the pine branches was smart. It looks so festive and the pines make it more festive. Sorry to hear you had to postpone your holiday celebrations, but it isn't the date but just being able to get together, isn't it? Stay healthy and have a wonderful rest of the week. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful journal page Chris I really like it.
Happy New Year
Kathy

Neet said...

A lovely page Chris, my blackbird seems to ignore the berries and likes to rummage around under the fallen leaves which we have left to keep our small patch of soil warm during the winter. I have been putting him some seed out in a little carton `I made from tin foil, it is \Christmas and I wanted to make life a bit easier for him.
all the best for 2023 and hope to see you before too long.
Hugs, Neet xx

CJ Kennedy said...

A lovely page and a reminder I need to go upright one of the bird feeders and fill both. Your Christmas lights are so pretty and cheery.

Empire of the Cat said...

What a lovely scene, I love Blackbirds too, and yours is really cute. I have some berries and hips that they eat off the bushes and I always leave some of the fallen apples for them too. They do love an apple or two! Hope you can get to have your family Christmas soon and that everyone gets well soon. Happy Holidays! Elle/EOTC xx

Gillena Cox said...

your calendar design is lovely.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Link to my 12 Days of Christmas HERE

There is an annual festival happening at my blog now. I invite you to link up. You do not have to place a link back link on your blog; just link up.

I will after the festival catch up with prompts and add my links

MUCH🎄LOVE

Iris Flavia said...

Such a nice page and Christmas lights.
You can do this on a tablet?! I could never. I have a "normal" PC and two huge monitors, a keyboard and mouse...

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful bleak midwinter page with its black bird and red berries.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is a wonderful journal page, especially with the black background. Your blackbird looks like it is goin to have much to eat, too. This is a fabulous page for Jo's theme at AJJ.

Sorry your family get-together is on hold, but it is best that all are well when you get together as a group.