Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 20 December 2022

T Stands For the Lights of Paris.

Hi everyone, I've had an up and down week - the ups were two birthdays to celebrate, seeing a friend for coffee and a wander around a makers market,  and using an air fryer for the first time (must say that quite impressed me) - the down? My medication is still causing me problems with regular trips to the loo - some days I daren't go out until at least 11 o'clock, still, I know it could be worse and there is a plus side - I'm not putting on any weight!

One of the things I was looking forward to in Paris was seeing the displays that the big shops and the designer shops put on.

One of my favourites was Chanel who draped a building with a huge necklace.

Not to be outdone Dior had this..
...and this
..and around the corner, this.
This is the Burberry shop

Place Vendôme is always beautiful


The Ritz as always, putting on a show





One evening we went to see the displays in the large department stores.
Printemps displays were great fun! 
I have added a few videos - I hope they work!









I love the little walkways in front of the windows so that children can get close without adults spoiling their view.

We stopped for something to eat - I did not eat the mountain of fries but I did enjoy my tonic water as well as plain water.
I'm joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday

We we into Galerie Lafayette.



  
The windows were animated but not quite so interesting!



The next time we meet for T Christmas will have been and gone, so I wish you all a very Happy Christmas.

I hope to be back with some journal pages and maybe a tag some time soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris










18 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Wow Chris Amazing Christmas displays!!
I Loved it so much thank you for taking the time to take all these photos and sharing with us-I really enjoyed it, and will be back to view again and watch the video.
and Yum those fries-I want some of those now-smiles
Happy T and Merry Christmas hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, Chris! Thanks for sharing. Hope you soon feel better. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

A wonderful "Christmas-Show"!
To a jolly season and a happy T-Day

Helen said...

oh wow, what gorgeous displays - very French chic! Hope your medication settles soon and you don't have such inconvenient side effects! take care and Happy Christmas xx

Mae Travels said...

Such a fabulous view of Paris — you did a great job capturing this wonderful city of light. Have a great Christmas.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

It looks absolutely wonderful, but I wonder how they do this when supposedly they should save energy... Have a peaceful Christmas, Chris.

jinxxxygirl said...

Paris at Christmas time .. before i could only imagine now i don't have to. Thank you Chris! Gorgeous photos! Merry Christmas to you too! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, those Christmas lights are amazing! I love the Chanel necklace, it looks stunning 😊. Paris is something very special especially at Christmastime - love it and thanks so much for sharing with us. They reminded me of my Paris Christmas decorations on my tree - they are so very stylish too! Happy T Day wishes and Happy Holidays! Hugs Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful, festive photos.

Nancy said...

How lovely it all looks! The videos worked well and were fun to see. Have a wonderful Christmas.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - those buildings are amazing. The lights are so enchanting. What a treat to see all this. Thanks for sharing, Chris. Merry Christmas, stay safe, happy T-day, and many hugz

My name is Erika. said...

These holiday decorations are just amazing Chris. These photos make me want to go to Paris and see the Christmas lights. The Chanel necklace is amazing, and Dior's is pretty amazing too. Thanks for sharing these photos with us for T. And have a wonderful holiday too, as well as I hope it was a greaT day. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am blown away by the beauty you have shared of Paris at Christmas. The Chanel necklace is my favorite, but I enjoyed the videos, too. Everything was simply amazing.

I will gladly eatn te fries. they look perfect and ready to be eaten by ME (grin). Thanks for taking us to the shops in Paris, as well as your meal and waters for T this Tuesday,

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and T dear friends.

Mrs.B said...

Well I'm glad I'm fashionably late with my TioT comments Christ - what wonderful photos of the festive lights in Paris - an absolutely stunning display.
Avril xx

Kate Yetter said...

Wow, Chris! I want to go to Paris at Christmas!!! So many fabulous displays that are so inspiring and magical. Thanks for sharing all those videos and pictures. Just beautiful!!
Happy Belated Tea Day and A Merry Christmas,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Thank you for sharing all the amazing light displays! In person, I imagine it was so marvelous! Happy T Day! Merry Christmas!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful photos Chris, Again a late visit. I'm sending you and your family my best wishes for a happy Christmas and a healthy coming year.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

All I can say is WOW! That was spectacular. Thank you for sharing. Happy T Day and Merry Christmas