Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 13 December 2022

It's All About Santa

 Yes it is! Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'It's all about Santa'. 

We all know that Santa has many helpers, some even dressing as Santa which is why our Design Team has a great array of different Santas! Please take a look here.

I have had this old Christmas card for quite a few years - kept because it made me smile and was from a special friend. I decided it was time to use it in a journal along with a piece of snowy paper that I think is even older (I really am trying to use up old stash) I stamped a vintage calendar page and added it along with a strip of music paper.

The text stamps are some from my Christmas stamp box and the holly is from Tim Holtz's Holiday Greens thinlets from Sizzix.

This is our last TIOT challenge of the year but we'll be here with the top 5 for 'Winter Wonderland' on the 20th December and our spotlights of the year on the 27th December.

I am also joining in at Art Journal Journey with my happy Santa, for Jo's 'Snowy Winter' theme

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That was smart to keep this card because that is one fun Santa image. I love it. This page is just a very happy one. I hope you had a super day yesterday too, and happy belated birthday. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Really cute Santa pic on that card. I can see why you saved it. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can envision that Santa has just jumped, clicked his heels and is shouting HO, HO, HO. This is a wonderful journal page. It makes me smile and is a great collage. thanks also for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme. It is doubly awesome today, dear friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your happy Santa! Beautiful page, Valerie

Helen said...

I love that card! I'd have kept it too. what a fab page.

Meggymay said...

I can understand why you wanted to keep and use this fantastic Santa image, adding to a journal page keeps the memories of who sent it and why you kept it for many future years. You will have guessed I love this page.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Santa! What a joy to see his figure dancing and skipping down the lane.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one!!!

Much💌love

craftytrog said...

A lovely happy Santa page Chris! x

Let's Art Journal said...

That's a joyful Santa card! It looks perfect on your page layered together with the stamps and papers - beautiful 😊. It's lovely to see you at AJJ and thank you for the inspiration. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2023! Hugs Jo x

lichazul said...

Great page👏👏👏🤩 happy 2023