Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 9 December 2022

Let It Snow (and Paris in Winter)

 Hi everyone, I know it's been a while but hubby took me off to Paris last week for an early birthday present (my birthday isn't till next week)

He thought it was good idea to be there for free museum weekend but it was so cold we didn't feel like standing for ages to get in so changed our plans. Well, we thought it was so cold but we came back to temperatures below those in Paris - -5 Celsius(23 F).

We did have a wonderful time though and more photos will follow soon.

First I have a journal page for Jo's Art Journal Journey theme - 'Snowy Winter'



We were in Monoprix in Paris when I spotted these napkins with village scenes on. If you would like one please say in the comments and I'll send it.

I used a journal with black pages and added some blue pigment powder and a spritz of water. Half of the napkin was torn in two, they overlap very well.

I added punched snowflakes. some spatters of paint and a Tim Holtz die cut sentiment. I also added gold to the windows.

It didn't snow in Paris (although we were prepared)but the Christmas atmosphere was definitely around.







Thanks for looking, off to warm my hands up now, Chris

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful page Chris, and loved the photos-awesome birthday present-a visit to Paris again hugs Kathy

sirkkis said...

Lovely wintery page.
Congrats and thanks for sharing the wonderful photos 💖

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fabulous birthday adventure. Exciting! I love your snowy scene.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page and a fun early birthday present. Fabulous pics. My favorite is the artic polar bear. Stay warm!

Cloudia said...

What a pleasure to go along with! Thanks!

Rita said...

Perfect birthday present for you!

My name is Erika. said...

What a fabulous surprise from your husband. Paris looks so festive all decorated for the holiday.And your latest page is amazing. That napkin is great. I'd love one if you're willing to send to the US. The blue powder works great at giving the page a real color pop and makes a lovely night sky for the napkin scene. Have a super weekend Chris. hugs-Erika

Helen said...

What a lovely way to spend an early birthday! the page looks gorgeous.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos of Paris, and I LOVE your beautiful journa page. Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos Chris, it looks magical in Paris.
What a great find the napkins were, your page is beautiful.
Enjoy your birthday treat.
Alison

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a really stunning journal entry, Chris. I love how you used the napkins. Napkins have become an integral part of many of my journal pages lately, too. I LVE that snowflake punch. That is ideal. Thanks for the great entry at Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme.

T is a keeper. He gave yopu the best birthday gift in the world. So glad you got to go and at this magical time of the year, too. I LOVE all the trees. Yep, I have a thing for trees. Hope by now you are warm.

BTW, right before my sewing machine decided to throw a hissy fit, I was able to get your Christmas tip-in in the mail. It won't get there in time for Christmas, or even your birthday on the 11th, but it's the thought that counts, at least I hope.

Neet said...

Save me a napkin please, for next time we meet up. One of these days we will get to Sizergh together.
It's a lovely page you have created and reminds me of a tiny town in Europe.
Glad you have had a lovely trip to Paris and enjoyed the Christmas festivities over there.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful winter page! the idea is great! So nice of your husband to invite you to Paris. Thanks for these photos!
Happy advent, hug Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

What a stipunning snowy winter scene! You captured the magic of Christmas so beautifully on your page, the night sky is gorgeous and I love the touches of gold. The napkin creating the snowy foreground and the punched snowflakes are perfect 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you had a wonderful time in Paris, what a lovely surprise! Hugs Jo x